Hitman Absolution unbearable lag

scruffy1012

Baseband Member
Hey, i recently got and installed Hitman Absolution, it works pretty well starting up and getting into the game, but while actually playing the game lags quite badly. I have it set to the lowest settings and still theres high amounts of lag. My computer is a Asus AS-870-PRO, specs are

• Processor (Ghz): 2.93 GHz
  • Ram: 8GB DDR3
  • Hdd: 2TB
  • Processor Type/Brand: Intel Core i7 870
  • Included Operating Software: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
  • Wireless Networking: No
  • Graphics Specification: 2GB Nvidia GT430 Dedicated Graphics
  • Optical Drive: DVD SuperMulti SATA

i had lag when i started the game first time. i had the graphics on Ultra. the AA was to high for me to handle, so by making it AA x2 all lag disappeared.
My specs are.

CPU: Core i7 920 clocked at 3,1
RAM: 6GB clocked at 1700mhz with CL8
GPU: EVGA GTX 570 overclocked slightly.
MOBO: ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme.

i had lag when i started the game first time. i had the graphics on Ultra. the AA was to high for me to handle, so by making it AA x2 all lag disappeared.
My specs are.

CPU: Core i7 920 clocked at 3,1
RAM: 6GB clocked at 1700mhz with CL8
GPU: EVGA GTX 570 overclocked slightly.
MOBO: ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme.

What do you mean by AA ? i don't know what the abbreviation is for is that like in-game or ?

Edit : Anti-Aliasing correct ? i don't know how to alter it ? do i alter it in-game ?

Last edited:
AA stands for anti aliasing.
it's a graphical technology that removes some of the edges you see in games. like if you stand close to a big rock and you look closely, you will see that the edges of the model are kinda edged, pixelated.
search anti aliasing on youtube. you will find some videos that explain and shows it.

tried the AA thing, didn't work. Went into nvida and changed by 2x and also tried 4x, still the same lag. Tried the ingame AA by 2x and by 4x still the same lag. any other help ?

your GPU (the 2GB Nvidia GT430) is an old low end GPU. you need a better video card in order to play it.
you have a good enough CPU and RAM. but the gpu is too low end and old to play newer games.
if you wanna play it and not spend too much money, then a Nvidia 650ti should do the job.

your GPU (the 2GB Nvidia GT430) is an old low end GPU. you need a better video card in order to play it.
you have a good enough CPU and RAM. but the gpu is too low end and old to play newer games.
if you wanna play it and not spend too much money, then a Nvidia 650ti should do the job.

is it this one ? NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 Ti 2GB GDDR5 Video Graphic Card Overclock HDMI DVI | eBay ? how much do they usually cost for installation etc ? thanks for all your help so far, i really appreciate it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom