Windows 8 has to go

OhSnapWord

Fully Optimized
I need help. I got a laptop for my girlfriend for Christmas and I need to downgrade it to 7. Problem is, the laptop won't let me. It's a Samsung NP300ESC-A07US. Please help. I don't want to be stuck with Windows 8.

EDIT: I got it to work. I had to disable secure boot in the BIOS. Please leave this thread up for others to reference if they have the same issue.

Last edited:
Just curious what happened when you tried to downgrade and what process did you do? just try to wipe the drive and go from there or?

Before, it just wouldn't boot from the CD. I had to change the secure boot settings then I was able to boot from the CD and wipe the drive.

Windows 8 has the native capability of reverting to the Windows 7 so you can keep the other improvements to the underbelly (e.g. Pre-boot security). You mentioned that the laptop wouldn't let you, but I would be curious to know what error you got as that is a Microsoft capability, not hardware manufacturer.

Last edited:
Windows 8 has the native capability of reverting to the Windows 7 so you can keep the other improvements to the underbelly (e.g. Pre-boot security). You mentioned that the laptop wouldn't let you, but I would be curious to know what error you got as that is a Microsoft capability, not hardware manufacturer.

Can you explain how to revert back to Windows 7 from Windows 8? I went out and bought it, installed, and found the only way to get back to Windows 7 was a format and reinstall. Was a pain, and knowing how to go back for future reference would be extremely helpful.

I stand corrected.

I remember seeing somewhere that you could modify Windows system files to completely disable the GUI changes alone, but all GUI improvements were affected (Windows Explorer and Task Manager). I (wrongly) assumed that there was a Windows administrative feature I had not explored.

Can you explain how to revert back to Windows 7 from Windows 8? I went out and bought it, installed, and found the only way to get back to Windows 7 was a format and reinstall. Was a pain, and knowing how to go back for future reference would be extremely helpful.

I did exactly that. Full format and reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom