Laptop brightness

DaveO

Solid State Member
I don't know if this is the right place to post this.
I have a Compaq Presario F700 laptop computer that seems to have dimmed in the last few weeks. It is around 4 years old. How can I change the brightness of the screen?

Also, I have an obnoxious ad from Apple on my Mozilla Firefox screen. There does not appear to be an X anywhere to get rid of it. How do I go about removing it from the screen?

Try going to Power Options, if using Windows Vista or 7 type it in the search bar on the Windows Start Menu and see what settings you have in there.

To remove that ad press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up task manager and look for the process in there then click on it and press End Process. The process should read Mozilla Firefox under the task name, you may have multiple instances of it, but just end all of them and re-open your web browser.

Last edited:
You can also try FN and the arrow keys (usually up/down) to adjust the brightness as well.

Kenyan

Thanks for the reply. I was successfull in changing the brightness on my laptop, but I am still trying to get rid of the Apple Ad. I will keep trying.

Firefox came out with an updated version today and I installed it. Miraculously, the Apple Ad disappeared when I restarted it.

Back
Top Bottom