• Opera

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Morning All,

I think we are largely a techy bunch round here so I'm interested in what the techy's choice of web browser is?

I personally have always been an IE user, I know it's not exactly well spoken of in the IT business but honestly since I think IE7 I've never really had any problems with it?

I've heard the likes of Chrome is a lot faster at loading pages than IE but with today's broadband speeds (for me anyway) being a minimum of 5Mbs are you really talking about that much of a speed difference?

Would anyone care to try and convince me to move to Chrome or FF, as I see these as my two other main options?

voted Chrome.
So i see that the speed won't convince you. it's alright.

Another great thing about chrome is that there are more space to view the homepage.
what is cool about chrome is that one if the bars are located at the top border (you know, the top border you grab when you want to move a window around) so chrome uses less space to function. i know IE9 only has 1 row of stuff, but it's mixed up with the URL AND the tabs, which i think is a stupid idea and it is not located at the top border as in chrome. so it is using the same space, but are more a mess then chrome.
When talking about older versions of IE, then it really starts to show how much of a mess it is to look at.

Another thing is the integration with your google account. it's just work.

If you are not careful when you install stuff, you are gonna end up with stupid tool bars. i know that you have no problems with tool bar's. but the average user does. i see toolbars almost every time one of our students come to me with there laptops for repair and other problems.

firefox here.

(but I also have Chrome and IE installed)

Back
Top Bottom