Photograph Of The Day

Well, I'm glad you like it. I'm going to have to disagree with you though when you say "the point of landscapes is to see the color." That may be the way you see it, but there is no single "point" to any type of art, and saying there is does nothing more than closing yourself off to the actual intentions behind the work. Personally, I find that black and white gives my pictures a certain feel that wouldn't be the same if I were to use color film. It's also a pretty good reflection of my personality and how I see the world, if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm sure this is starting to sound pretentious, so I'll just leave it at that. Since it's past midnight here, I'll also post today's picture.

IMG_0002 by Jenn Daigneault, on Flickr

Nice scene!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm glad you like it. I'm going to have to disagree with you though when you say "the point of landscapes is to see the color." That may be the way you see it, but there is no single "point" to any type of art, and saying there is does nothing more than closing yourself off to the actual intentions behind the work. Personally, I find that black and white gives my pictures a certain feel that wouldn't be the same if I were to use color film. It's also a pretty good reflection of my personality and how I see the world, if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm sure this is starting to sound pretentious, so I'll just leave it at that. Since it's past midnight here, I'll also post today's picture.

IMG_0002 by Jenn Daigneault, on Flickr

That is a really nice photo

thanks! I'm pretty happy with how that one came out. The flare along the top is annoying though. I'm probably going to have to replace that lens. It has a bit of fungus in the rear cell.

Don't think I've posted this one before.

IMG_0005 by Jenn Daigneault, on Flickr

Last edited:
Where my train track photos? LOL
Seems all I've been taking pictures of lately is the restoration work going on here.

Where my train track photos? LOL
Seems all I've been taking pictures of lately is the restoration work going on here.

Ha. I went out there the other day but the lighting wouldn't cooperate. It didn't look so great because of the huge cleared area around the track though. I've been looking around for an abandoned track that's still in place, but no luck so far.

not that it competes with footheads greatness..

IMG_20130203_185258_311.jpg

Behold. the power of Droid.

Back
Top Bottom