Do you think the world will end in 2012?

Do You Think The World Will End in 2012?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I didn't vote but, if I did, I would probably vote "Unsure" which is the ONLY valid answer, imo. Nobody knows for certain when the end of the world will occur so trying to answer that question is impossible.

Even though it is possible that you could die in the next second, there isn't any reason for you to worry about it unnecessarily. The same goes for the end of the world, so why should it affect anyone getting through xmas?

Well. The title clearly says "Do you THINK the world will end in 2012?"
And for that i can easily say that i don't. can i say that i am 100% sure that is is impossible to happen? the answer is no, i can't.

So if you understand the title and still vote for unsure, then you most be very worried or have too bad of a life to give a shit.
ether way, you won't have a very nice Xmas.

The mayan calendar is all wrong. anyone remember Y2K?

I don't think the Mayan's calendar is wrong - it was a calendar, and it was pretty dam accurate. It just didn't state the end of the world - that part is purely made up by the imagination of people today.

For example, our calander ends on the last day of the year, to then restart on the first of January - there's nothing there about the end of the world. A bit like the Mayan calendar, only it's cycles are far longer.

isn't there more than one?

I always thought, (from what I had read) that the calendar is finished, it accurately predicts all days tied to celestial events right up until December 21st 2012.

There is. Like I prefaced with though, I thought that statement when I didn't know it was the beginning of a new age and was under the impression that it was just where their calendar ended which meant we ended.

root said:
also the Mayans didn't need to account for leap years, as their calendar wasn't a Gregorian calendar,
they didn't say in x days time this event will happen. they said in x days time this celestial event will happen.
where each celestial event is accurately tied to another celestial event.
in fact we add leap days in so that our calendar doesn't stray from these celestial events, (e.g. june 21st is summer solstice, dec 21 is winter solstice.)

You are probably right about this. I'd have to dig to find the random internet page that "proved" my comment and since I'm really not all that familiar with how the Mayans did things I'll just bow out on this topic and trust you on this one.

Lol, I don't believe it. But I'm sure that if on December 21st, there like a massive storm or anything like that, people will be scared to death lol

I'm not sure if you guys know this or not... But the Twinkie was supposed to survive the Nuclear Holocaust. And it dies weeks before the inventors of my favorite condiment predicted the world would end. Coincidence? I think not.

And just look at these images taken only days ago:

dawn-of-the-dead-black-friday.jpg

The world will either end or it wont, not a lot we can do about it, so no use worrying or stressing about it.

Back
Top Bottom