Need some ideas. I'm fresh out...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Some may know that for over 290 days I didn't have access to my forum. Dns issues with GD and things going on in my life didn't give me time to persue it either.
Now I'm back in the swing of things and to be honest it looks sort of stale.
Could use some serious ideas for themes and layout.
I'm running vBulletin 4.1.2. and Gallery 3. I like this version. I got a handle on programming it a while back so that's not an issue. Just need som new ideas as to where to point the forum.
Please don't ask to be made an admin. Won't happen. Mod applications have to go through iPWN and myself. After I find some one to keep an eye on things I'll be opening up to new registrations. Right now it's closed to keep spammers out.
So any ideas? Anime Appeal
Oh and the forum has a self-imposed MA rating. When you have a look you'll see why...

Yikes...a little grouchy? LOL.

I browsed through it and don't find it all that stale. Seems fine to me. Maybe a "lighter" color scheme. It's a bit dark for my tastes. The layout seems simple and straight-forward.

Well i kinda like it.
The only suggestion and not becuase this forum has it is that i would have your advertisements / greetings message on the right hadn side, it's only because i'm used to everything being on my left :? But thats probably just my preference.

The login box on the rop right hand corner could do with blending a little better. Don't know how they are done on VB but it looks kinda nasty with the boxes roudn them.

I'm a big fan of using a grey scale site, different tones of grey and black and white i really like that!

In terms of features have you got Rep, Signatures and rating systems?

One thing i've been working on a site i'm building is a "performer of the week" type thing.

Essentially i'm working on a site (don't mean to hi-jack but it will make more sense if i explain, and i won't link at all). But i'm working on a site where users register and post songs / tracks for other people to see and view (primarily DJs) now the tracks can have comments against them and be rated out of 10. I PLAN to do a feature where each week i will run a report (automated) against all of the tracks submitted by users and the user with the average highest track rating will get a promotional spot on the site, So it might be that they get to submit 1 track to the website that for 1 week will stay at the top of all of the listings, so more people "should" look at it. This can be a track they really like or even a track they have created.

I'm not sure how this translates to your forum or how you would implement it on a forum, mine is going to be comepletely MS SQL based so I can just auto generate that priviledge to a user by running a job on a SQL Agent. Don't know how you can do this on VB?

I like the Gallery you are using the forum isn't bad at all. They layout is nice but you could find a better one on the internet that matches your site topic more..

I am good with coding and anything around it if you ever have any problems with that let me know and I'd be glad to help you.

Thanks for the offer.
Gallery 3 doesn't integrate with VB but as a stand alone it's pretty good. There's not too many skins for it though. Seems the skins also change the functionality as well. The graywind theme does what I want it to do. I'm still looking for a lighter one that keeps the layout and functions.
Here's where the docs are on the root code. Gallery Codex

Back
Top Bottom