What is the worst os ever made

I'll give it a go sometime soon, is thee any other not so well known operating systems out there?

Those who say Vista or ME, you have never tried Bob. Simple as that. ME was not the worst hands down cause if you even tried to look at Bob you would know that at least ME had a usable interface. That was hands down better than what Bob had.

Try Bob and then come back and tell me that ME was the worst. You will thank the stars that ME came out after even trying Bob.

bob wasn't an OS, it was just a program. as a UI it was better than Packard Bell Navigator.

(which was basically the same thing but done worse.)

Windows ME Without a doubt. It really was the end of the line for DOS based O/S. It also brought in a few of the features in Windows 2000 that really should have been reserved for NT - I would imagine the addition of these and the changes to the O/S in comparison to other Windows 9x was the reason it was so unstable in general use with the software on the market.

But, one thing I take gripe with is everybody loving Windows XP, or at least ignoring its problems when it first arrived. Everyone has must have short memories when it comes to XP. Blaster, Sasser, Lasser (I think that's the names - so long ago) worms; default enabled password free Adiministrator account; Netsend crap etc etc. Windows XP pre SP2 was a nightmare for home users - it caught every virus in the wild and you had to pin down a lot of services and mess with a lot of settings before it was properly secured. Not to mention, it really was a massive leap in regards to the needed system requirements (officially 64MB of RAM = a load of crap, you really needed 256MB). Don't get me wrong, post SP2 it was a secure as a tank and a very good system, especially with more modern hardware - but think of what it was like back in 2001!

I contrast this with Vista - everyone hated it, yet after it's first service pack it was a solid fast and stable O/S. It doesn't help that this was the era when everyone was shifting over to 64bit computing. Nvidia themselves took months to release stable 64bit drivers (The reason I went with a ATI X1900 Gfx Card - ATI were on the ball). For me, it took a lot less tweeking with Vista Gold as it did with XP Gold to get the system running the way I wanted, and secured. And SP1 made it perfect straight out of a frest installation. I seriously think people are either too young to remember the pains of pre-SP2 XP or ignored Vista SP1 to realise how much better Vista was RELATIVELY to XP.

Windows 7, IMO, simply the best O/S MS has every released.

Actually, now that I've written all this, Windows 8 is a major contender for the worse O/S, but that's more to do with how I use my computer in comparison to what W/8 is aimed at - although I'm a bit miffed that MS didn't perhaps think a bit more about what their Professional users would like Windows 8 Pro to be like.

Anyway, Vista wasn't all that bad. It certianly was more usable when it was initially released compared to XP when it was initially released - all those 11 years ago.

I would have to say

Worst = ME
2nd = Vista

There has always been a good, bad, good, bad etc basis with Windows OS's. Which is exactly why i will be skipping Windows 8 :p lol

Back
Top Bottom