Need Some Help With Windows Starting Up

matto224

Beta member
:confused:

hi i need some help... everytime i boot up my computer it scans and crashes on this screen! ( i have attached a photo to show you )

it is windows 7 and i recently had to start from fresh due to a bad virus.

and another thing is my computer will randomly turn off if i make any movements by the tower?

please assist!

matt:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 2
Given that screen and your comments about moving the tower I think we can almost definitely say hardware.

The obvious one to start with because of that screen would be the hard drive. I've used one of these but I hear the manufacturer of your hard drive will provide diagnostic tools / CD on their website where you can scan your hard drive for problems.

Alternatively a less technical diagnostics, unplug and remove your hard drive from your computer. Turn it on and let it boot up, then you should be bought to a screen with a single blinking cursor (alternatively just go into the Bios). Then move your tower, just to see if it still switches off, or whether it was caused by the Hard Drive.

Post back your results.

hi thanks for the reply...

i looked on the manufacturer's website and found nothing but i did send a email to them asking for a replacement as apparently there are 3 years warranty on there hard drives and this was brought in 2010.

i did what you suggested and took out my hard drive and i can confirm that it seems to be the problem ! it wouldn't turn off once i had the hard drive out.

In which case it definitely looks to be your hard drive it is strange for a hard drive to cause a sudden power off, but faulty hard ware can do strange things.

I think proceeding with the manufacturer is your best bet.

From what I read about what you did with removing the hard drive and trying thats the problem, your hard drive may be exposed to touching a wire that isn't covered or making your computer short out..

Good thing you contacted your hard drive manufacture web site and see if they can get a new one because that hard drive may be shot and never be able to fixed.

I never heard of anything like this seems pretty weird but be sure to get a new hard drive and i also suggest don't use the computer until you get one because by it auto powering off like that you can damage another hardware part and go into worst conditions.

thanks for the reply's guys:angel:

i am hoping that i can get the hard drive replaced by the manufacturer but do you think they would expect me to send them the old one back to them? not keen on doing that as i dont want someone having my personal details!

and im pretty sure its 100% the hard drive my computer has always had various problems since i had this hard drive and its a shame because it cost me a lot of money (as its a 1tb ) but in the time ive been using it i have had to format it and put windows back on because of various things messing up !

but hopefully this problem will be sorted by a new hard drive and hey i might get away with using it as a secondary hard drive if they send me a new one? just to store films etc.. :ermm:

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

and i would like to add that i can skip the scan and it will boot and work perfectly fine... it will just trip my computer if i make too much movement near my computer tower

but still its very temperamental and i don't like using my computer i tend to use my laptop more as i cant be bothered to store things on my computer because i know it will eventually have a breakdown and need a wipe and fresh windows!!

Back
Top Bottom