What is the worst os ever made

I'm casting a vote for ME. I remember getting a new computer at school with ME preloaded on it. First time I booted it up, immediately after taking it out of the box, it crashed.

Windows 7 and 8 are both revisions of the same kernel as Vista. Windows Version 6.x

Windows Me was probably the worst of all time.

They released Windows 2000 (v5.x / NT) in February 2000.

They released Windows Me (v4.9) in June 2000

NT was a complete rehash of the Kernel and yet they released an update to an old kernel after the release of NT. They tried to take the good parts of the NT platform and inject that into ME for home use as NT was more geared towards Government/Corporate infrastructures. They failed.

WYSIWUG said:
Windows 7, I hate it so much, that I will NEVER install it on any of MY computers.

Happy to use it at school.

Really?
Out of interest what don't you like about it?

It far too simple to use, to many unnecessary animations, pictures, useless pre-installed programs, it needs alot of RAM and a fast CPU to run smoothly <--> (in my view).

Hate the layout and themes, hate its guts and hate that you cant run some games like ATR-72 Pilot, an error comes up - "Cant Find ActiveX DLLs please install missing files."

I could go on forever, but hate to turn this page so long it will need another CSS.

In my brain dictionary, Windows 7 is in the same category as kiddie fiddler, thats how much I HATE IT!

Hands down no s**t ME has to be the king of the worse OS's to EVER get released.
Win 98 and 98SE were to me a lot of fun to learn on. It's just a dos gui. Being keen on dos I found it easy to use.
XP I got a handle on that in 2 days. It was ok for what I was doing at the time. It was amusing how many service packs came out for it though. I just scored an older HP lappy with XP on it for running the network here.
Vista The hardware providers were not ready for it when it got released. Lots of hardware didn't want to work or work right. Later on as it gained a user base the drivers from places like Nvidia got updated and pushed out. My long in the tooth HP DV6 runs vista.
W7 Love it. Came on my G7 lappy and it does its job quickly and quietly. Handles all the ram installed and the good sized internal HD. I do have an external drive of a good size also and W7 takes it in stride.

ME was the worst one ever. I didn't use it very long, but it was pretty bad. I'd have to say, following that closely is Windows 8. I HATE it. Great for tablet maybe, but I run desktops and a laptop. I catch on to how programs work pretty quickly usually, but it too me nearly 5 minutes to figure out how to shut it down... For the general public that still can't use XP after using it for 10 years now, does MS really expect illiterates to figure out how to use 8?

I hope the next iteration of Windows is as good as 7. I know 8 is technically 7 with a new mask that is the terrible start menu, that alone kills the whole OS usability.

7 is the absolute best OS. My first personally owned computer had Windows 98se. Even in 2004 that was great to me. Windows 2000 Pro was used on all the school computers for awhile. That one was great too. We all know how much of a hit XP was. I used XP until 7 came out. I still used XP on my server desktop until about a month ago.

I wasn't a fan of Vista and I never actually used it for an extended period of time. I think the worst part to me was how Windows Explorer (not IE, though that's always bad) was setup. It wasn't absolutely horrible, but it was slow and I'd never use it as my personal OS. People tend to listen to one person and never actually try to use it themselves. All of a sudden Vista is the worst OS ever even though half of the people saying that never used it. :p

Last edited:
Vista the worst OS ever?! Lol...You guys must have never heard of a little "gem" called Windows ME :))))

Last edited by a moderator:
Vista the worst OS ever?! Lol...You guys must have never heard of a little "gem" called Windows ME :))))

Geforce GTX485M @ 2GB
12GB RAM @ 1600Mhz
250GB SSD

I am guessing you didn't read all the posts, many people said ME was the worse, and I do agree.

Back
Top Bottom