Site Addition Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet H

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted to let you know that we will be adding a column in the right hand side of the page. It will have some new features including a recent discussion feed, friends display and a few other widgets. You will also find the option in your profile to disable the right column display if you find you don't use it. :flowers:

What are you talking about? Version 4 is stable, and 5 hasn't even come out yet.

I have spoken with the admin about this and they have said it still has security issues and some of the widgets we use are not compatible with VB 4 yet..

I will not go into specifics and cause arguments, All I will say that I have been told is this
yes - there has been some thought given to it and I can tell you that it won't be happening any time soon. We are on the last stable build of vB and there are tons of plugins that aren't compatible with vB 4.x It also still has security issues and so we're going to hang out at this build for a while longer.
This is a reply I got from Janet in a PM..

I will not go into specifics and cause arguments, All I will say that I have been told is this This is a reply I got from Janet in a PM..

I've been using vb4 since the beta days. I'm now on VB4.1.2. You can see for yourself I've had no security problems. Granted VB3.X is simple to program, but why keep having to plug in what is built in to VB4? But to each their own.

I've been using vb4 since the beta days. I'm now on VB4.1.2. You can see for yourself I've had no security problems. Granted VB3.X is simple to program, but why keep having to plug in what is built in to VB4? But to each their own.

Thanks for your comments. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom