Did something in my computer die?

Thomas92

Baseband Member
Built a computer, had it for over a week, did some moderate gaming on it. I then go to restart the computer as it turns on, the texts "MSI and top quality and stability mainboard" normally followed by a single beep and then it continues on and loads up Windows 7 and brings me to main screen, but this time it has been on that screen for the past 1 hour. Have tried repeated computer restarts, but still same result. What's the possible cause for this?

CPU: AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz (4.3GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4170FRGUBOX
Website Link: Newegg.com - AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz (4.3GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4170FRGUBOX

Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P34(FX) AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Website Link: Newegg.com - MSI 760GM-P34(FX) AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Those are the two main things I feel may be the reason but i'm not certain.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

And in addition, I can't get into BIOS either. Monitor is just showing the very first image on startup and that's it.

Check it out with memtest86 link below
burn the iso to a cd and tell us if you get any passes chances are that it is the memory however, without further investigation viruses, malware or hard disk cannot be ruled out including but not limited to motherboard and processor so it is a process of elimination start with the memory and I will give you the other software for the other tests

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Kind Regards

Okay I created a memtest disk and put it in the pc. No differing results are shown and the computer is still showing the same image as before.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Thank you sir, I will try that shortly.

Okay i'm getting messages across the screen and at the bottom half of it. "CMOS settings wrong" F1 to run setup, F2 to load default values, and F11 to enter boot menu. How do I need to proceed?

Okay now it's showing the black screen with the white cursor and it's been like that for 30 minutes now. What does that mean?

Okay now it's showing the black screen with the white cursor and it's been like that for 30 minutes now. What does that mean?

The computer is trying to boot from something but is unable to. Try removing any CDs or flash drives and make sure that the hard drive is set as the first boot device.

I set the hard drive as the first bootable thing, however it's still showing the black screen and white cursor, I also tried the dvd reader as the first boot but still the same result.

Back
Top Bottom