Erroe Mesages that Suck

TheeOx

In Runtime
Hello all,

I tried to do a System Restore and got these error messages:
0x8000FFFF & 0x80070570.

Everything works on my HP/ Windows 7 machine, however I still have this restore problem.

What do those 2 error messages mean and is there a known fix to get rid of them?

Thankx again in advance!

Thee:trash:

Google is your friend. Several searches point me to believe this is a file corruption issue either caused by a trojan, virus, or corrupted windows update. In this case, I recommend a D.O.D. wipe of the entire drive using Darin's Boot and Nuke (Darik's Boot And Nuke | Hard Drive Disk Wipe and Data Clearing). Do this to ensure that if there are any corrupt files in either your boot sector OR your mappable drive space, that they are eliminated. Once wiped, install a clean instance of Windows 7 from disk, and you'll be up and running.

Google is your friend. Several searches point me to believe this is a file corruption issue either caused by a trojan, virus, or corrupted windows update. In this case, I recommend a D.O.D. wipe of the entire drive using Darin's Boot and Nuke (Darik's Boot And Nuke | Hard Drive Disk Wipe and Data Clearing). Do this to ensure that if there are any corrupt files in either your boot sector OR your mappable drive space, that they are eliminated. Once wiped, install a clean instance of Windows 7 from disk, and you'll be up and running.

Hi Pville and thanks for replying.

That means I'll have to back up all my stuff, yes?

Thanks!!
Thee:hide:

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Hi Pville and thanks for replying.

That means I'll have to back up all my stuff, yes?

Thanks!!
Thee:hide:

Oh...while Im at it - - -
do you know of any way to remove Winword. EXE and Trojan.Drivus fro yer computer?

You can try to use malwarebytes and your anti-virus software, but I would suggest just doing a fresh install and checking your drive for errors afterwards.

Also try to make it a habit to back-up at least once a week by either an external drive that you can keep ni a safe place or online. Many places to choose from just google "online backup"

Last edited:
"0x8000ffff" error message when you try to restore a Windows 7-based computer by using System Restore
How To Fix 0x80070570 Error?

both give you information and possible fixes go to your command prompt and type sfc /scannow and see what the test comes up with and weather or not it can repair it

Kind Regards

Again, sir, thank you. The software download you linked to looks as if it works great! It found many errors. However, to remove the errors, I need to buy the product. Im just a poor German boy trying to scratch a living in this cold, nasty world and cannot afford the price.

Any suggestions?

Again, many thanks.
Thee Ox

try that

How to easily fix 0x80070570 error?

There are two (2) ways to fix 0x80070570 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):
1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.
4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.
5) Click Next on the confirmation window.
6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Addition to above
What operating system are you running windows 7 windows vista windows XP
If you are running vista 7 or above you are going to need some help with what I suggested as you will not see administrator account with using command prompt. I will write you a script that will do this for you.
Kind Regards

also do not use system restore to get rid of the virus use software suggested in other post.

Last edited by a moderator:
try that

How to easily fix 0x80070570 error?

There are two (2) ways to fix 0x80070570 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):
1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.
4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.
5) Click Next on the confirmation window.
6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Addition to above
What operating system are you running windows 7 windows vista windows XP
If you are running vista 7 or above you are going to need some help with what I suggested as you will not see administrator account with using command prompt. I will write you a script that will do this for you.
Kind Regards

also do not use system restore to get rid of the virus use software suggested in other post.

Hello Fujitsu_Technician,
Thanks for that idea. However, thats how I got the error thing in the first place! Than plus my XP Office would not work.

Thanks for replying! You all rock.

Thee

so you are running windows xp right?
when you say that caused the problem in the first place what did you do?
if it is a problem with xp then check system volume information for system restore points and manually restore them.

if it is not then disable and reenable system restore with .vbs files

Kind Regards

so you are running windows xp right?
when you say that caused the problem in the first place what did you do?
if it is a problem with xp then check system volume information for system restore points and manually restore them.

if it is not then disable and reenable system restore with .vbs files

Kind Regards

Actually, the XP office that would not work, that gave me the initial error messages are on my HP stand alone which has WIN 7 as its OS. I just have XP Office on the machine.
Sorry for the confusion.

I got the network to work. However, I cannot figure out how to see the other machines on the home group. On machine I click on, all I see is windows media player.
Im gonna have a stroke I just know it....:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom