Who all bought W8? What are your thoughts? Helpful hints?

SPuNKYbd

In Runtime
I bought Windows 8 and have to say that i love it. Much better than the preview we all had. I find the new UI much faster than the start menu and can't stand using older computers now =)

I've used this daily in an unmodified state since launch I don't think i could ever go back.

I haven't bought it yet, used the preview. Took me 3 hours to figure out how to close a program. It will take some getting used to, but as I'm sure my dad will buy a copy, and you say its faster than the preview, I'll look to installing it and checking it out.

Its like vista, not in the bad way, but the unexpected change way. Microsoft still sold millions of copies of vista.

I have a pre-release copy of the final version. The day they released it, I DBAN'd my drive and installed 7.

I guess it's a good thing I don't base my mood and happiness in Life on Microsoft's ability to create innovative software.

I dislike it, though I can see why they chose to do the route they did with the new start menu and all.

I would actually prefer it if I were using a tablet PC of some sort, but as an every day desktop PC user I find it quite annoying. I will be sticking with Windows 7 as far as microsoft goes.

microsoft offered an upgrade to windows 8 for new pcs. I was quick to jump to it. I simply upgraded didn't do a complete install. For me it was extremely buggy. For example computer never restarted ,simply hung at restarting, after restarting a particular update never got installed. It simply put my pc in a restarting loop. Also if i canceled a process, it was cancelling for ever. So i switched back to windows 7

I have a pre-release copy of the final version. The day they released it, I DBAN'd my drive and installed 7.

I guess it's a good thing I don't base my mood and happiness in Life on Microsoft's ability to create innovative software.

Same could be said about Apple's innovation. Oh wait they haven't really innovated anything in over a decade....

At least Microsoft is trying to combine the user experience into 1 unified interface. Much like Google is and Apple. Ever wonder why a Chromebook looks just like Chrome? Ever wonder why iOS and OS X are starting to get errily similar?

It is going to happen sooner rather than later. The unified interface for all devices is something that people want, they just fail to realize it. Microsoft is smart for doing it and it will pay off in the end for them. People just fail to open their eyes past their monitor and see the big picture.

I love Win8. I use it daily and have no reason to go back.

Yeah I got windows 8, don't have a problem with it, all works fine, a lot faster as well.

I was able to run it fine on a laptop (no touchscreen). It helped that I knew alot of Windows shortcut keys. I think it will be fantastic on a tablet/hybrid pc. It's not really a desktop OS in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom