Windows 7 counterfeit software restrictions

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I have a machine that has just had windows 7 on it but they used the same key as another installation on another machine (they thought it would allow both machines to run Windows 7 at once with the once licence key:))

Anyway it has come up with the activate now and i cant get access to the internet via wired (says its connected and enabled) and i have tried a pci wireless card and a usb wireless card and all 3 wont allow the connection.

All drivers are installed by the way.

Im guessing this is microsofts software restricting access as it is obviously not genuine as the key is already in use.

Yeah it might just be causing confusion with the database at Microsoft, however it is also possible that they have a counter fit program in effect to. If you only want it on the one machine, just restore it, and the key should be released again. Also may I point out that windows 8 is only 69.99 aha so if you want a cheap alternative, it's there.

Hope I helped!

it should not effect you getting on the internet as you have a 30 day trial to activate how many days have you used of the trial so far?

if you have gone over it, it will not matter as you can run the command prompt to reinstate that for the once I will write you a batch file to run the relivant code and access to the pc let me know first weather or not you have used the 30 day tiral and how many days you have left if not over 3o days.

by the way in is in computer properties windows activation settings.

Kind Regards

I'm not convinced that windows not being activated is your problem for not being able to connect to the internet?

Can you open google in Internet Explorer? If you can;t your problem is beyond activating windows.

I'm not convinced that windows not being activated is your problem for not being able to connect to the internet?

Can you open google in Internet Explorer? If you can;t your problem is beyond activating windows.

Yes I do agree it should make no diffrence, however windows does disable features when not activated becuase of counterfeit protection when the trial has run out but this can be reinstated using the command prompt.

it would be worth the user checking out ping tests and checking the host file if it was a doggy copy of windows it may contain virus infections to overide windows and it is that, that is causeing the problem.

the other thing it could be is a incorrect copy of ndis.sys and a new copy may fix the problem.

Kind Regards

If you have a legitamate key for it, you can call Microsoft's activation number and they should be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom