Is Liquid Cooling A Thing Of The Past

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,

Just wondering with HS&Fs as efficient as they are nowa days and CPUs running very cool is Liquid Cooling a thing of the Past? Do any of you have a Liquid Cooling setup?

Come to think of it, i've not heard alot about Overclocking lately?

I think those big setups with separate pumps, tubes, water blocks and other items put together are a thing of the past. And if you don't have multiple overclocked GPU's then it is even less necessary.

I still think water cooling will be popular among geeks for years to come with those more compact solutions like the corsair's Hydro series.
I am not using any water cooling right now, but i am very interested in getting a corsair hydro.
I still do overclocking, but i am not so hardcore about it anymore.

I think those big setups with separate pumps, tubes, water blocks and other items put together are a thing of the past. And if you don't have multiple overclocked GPU's then it is even less necessary.

I still think water cooling will be popular among geeks for years to come with those more compact solutions like the corsair's Hydro series.
I am not using any water cooling right now, but i am very interested in getting a corsair hydro.
I still do overclocking, but i am not so hardcore about it anymore.

I've seen those Corsair Hydro things, are they essentially an all in one Liquid cooling system?

Sorry but would somebody tell me how water cooling works simply. I'm guessing that it runs water through the heatsink, but still don't know how this could work.

Yes. that's the awesome thing about them. it's for the CPU only. but that is just fine for me.

Hmmm neat idea, i'm suprised these havent been out for a long time when Overclocking was what i would call in it's prime, sort of the Pentuim 4 and C2D era!!

ashpash, i'm probably the worst one to advise you but from my vague understanding, water (or a synfetic liquid) is pumped round a system into your heatsink (taking the heat away). Then into a radiator which with the assistance with fans (most of the time) helps to cool the liquid back down, which is then transferred back to a "tank" or "resovoir"

Hmmm neat idea, i'm suprised these havent been out for a long time when Overclocking was what i would call in it's prime, sort of the Pentuim 4 and C2D era!!

ashpash, i'm probably the worst one to advise you but from my vague understanding, water (or a synfetic liquid) is pumped round a system into your heatsink (taking the heat away). Then into a radiator which with the assistance with fans (most of the time) helps to cool the liquid back down, which is then transferred back to a "tank" or "resovoir"

Would this be used with or without fans?

I believe alsmot all water cooling systems have fans and they are used on the radiator, not the actual HS&F. Also i believe they can run at lower speeds to reduce noise, whilst still keeping the CPU very cool.

The important thing with liquid cooling is that it transfers heat.

The liquid starts in a reservoir with a pump. The pump pushes the liquid into a "block" installed on top of the CPU. The heat is transferred from the CPU into the liquid. The hot liquid is then pushed into a radiator. The heat is transferred from the liquid into the radiator grills. The radiator has a fan that pulls the heat off the grills and into the air. The cooled liquid is then pushed back into the reservoir.

This site shows it in a pretty simple to understand diagram: Google Image Result for http://img.webme.com/pic/g/guide-pc-cooling/02.gif

Back
Top Bottom