computer problem on start up..

juggalodan

Beta member
So i get hom from work and i turn on my computer and get this..
Does this mean my hard drive is bad?
Its a eMachines EL1352G-01W if the hard drive is bad can i install a ssd in it?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121112_073442.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121112_073442.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 14
How Many Hard Disks have you got it is a smart warning telling you your 3rd drive is failing and to backup and replace data.

do you have any external pluged up to the pc ie for backups.

Kind Regards

BK_123 said:
No that is all your BIOS settings coming up, Does it boot into windows?

Well sometimes it will but it freezes on the loading screen..

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Fujitsu_Technician said:
How Many Hard Disks have you got it is a smart warning telling you your 3rd drive is failing and to backup and replace data.

do you have any external pluged up to the pc ie for backups.

Kind Regards

How can i back it up when windows wont even load? No i dont have anything pluged in for backup..

So i turn it on this morning it goes to the screen of the pic i put up. Then goes to the windows loading screen then it comes to "startup repair is checking your system for problems..." It did this once before and i left it over night, went to leave for work was still scanning so i left alone again. Get home from work 12 hours later its still scanning..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121113_133227.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121113_133227.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 8
Correct me if im wrong, but would it be possible to use a boot disk to get into the system?

Fujitsu_Technician said:
do you have data on the hard disk that is not backed up and you want to retreve?

Nothing really important so it really wouldnt hurt if i couldnt back it up.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

ashpash21 said:
Correct me if im wrong, but would it be possible to use a boot disk to get into the system?

Well i dont have a boot disk..

If there is nothing important on there you might as well download the OS and burn it to disc and then use the COA(key) on the laptop/desktop to reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom