Wifi/Hard Wired conncection problems

TheeOx

In Runtime
Hello all,
I have an HP hardwired pc and a Dell wifi lappy.

My question: How can I connect the 2 computers so they can see each other, share files, etc.

Thanks in advance!
The ox

What OS are they running?

Think you should just be able to right click the folder/hard drive and click properties, then go to sharing and set it up in there.

What OS are they running?

Think you should just be able to right click the folder/hard drive and click properties, then go to sharing and set it up in there.

Hi and thanks for replying.

The hard wired OS is Win 7, the Dell lappy I have on wifi is running XP, however, I will be getting another Dell lappy soon - os will be Win 7.

What do you mean 'right click the folder/hard drive..'

Thank you.
Thee

Hi and thanks for replying.

The hard wired OS is Win 7, the Dell lappy I have on wifi is running XP, however, I will be getting another Dell lappy soon - os will be Win 7.

What do you mean 'right click the folder/hard drive..'

Thank you.
Thee

Okay then.
I am unsure how else I can explain it, but these guides might be able to help.

Simple Windows 7 File Sharing: Step-By-Step Procedure

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Setup-File-Sharing-in-Windows-7&id=3255604

How to Setup a Home Network | HP Support

Sorry I am just unsure how else I can explain it.

They should be able to if they both have win7 and have file discovery and sharing on..

You would need to just select what folders you want to share by right clicking them and going in to the properties and then sharing.

You can check what folders are being shared on your computer by going down the start menu and then right clicking computer then manage then shared folders (on the left hand side) and then into Shares. This is useful if you ever forget what folders are being shared. You can also check whose connected to your shared folders by sessions I think.

Okay then.
I am unsure how else I can explain it, but these guides might be able to help.

Sorry I am just unsure how else I can explain it.

Hi Ash,
You have explained it perfectly : I am just learning this stuff so Im a dummy here!
Thank you for the links. I will try to get this thing set up!

Thank you so much again!:thumb:

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

They should be able to if they both have win7 and have file discovery and sharing on..

Hi BK: Thank you for your help. Wish me luck setting this thing up!!

Thee:rolleyes:

Hi Ash,
You have explained it perfectly : I am just learning this stuff so Im a dummy here!
Thank you for the links. I will try to get this thing set up!

Thank you so much again!:thumb:

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Hi BK: Thank you for your help. Wish me luck setting this thing up!!

Thee:rolleyes:

Hope it all works out well, from a quick look at the links I gave you, the HP one looks the best to me. It looks like a whole guide.

Back
Top Bottom