How To Make Members And Accounts?

ashpash21

In Runtime
I was just wondering how you are meant to make a members page, login and register.

I want to do this because I'm creating a site for my mates Minecraft server and he needs people to be able to Register and Login. I would also need a member's page where there will be a list of the members. These members will need to have permissions/ranks. And I should be able to easily change them.

I have no clue how to do this and was wondering if any of you could help.

I'm using BlueVoda to create the site. Then Dreamweaver to edit and small things and link the pages together. When the site is created I'm going to go in to the temp files and find the .html and .php files. Then I will upload it with FileZilla to 000webhost. I know this is possible because I have done this before. But I have no idea how to create the accounts part. I'm guessing you would need to set up a MySQL database, but I'm not even sure how to do that.

Any help is welcome, Thanks.

Yeah it's as you said. You need to set up a MySQL database, which will be a whole new concept in itself, and then i cant remember how I did it but you have to link it directly to the white listing files for your server. I would recommend going to a public library and picking up a free book on MySQL though. And then you will be able to use it.

Umm it should be compatible or you might be able to do it if the said programs have a database program. Also, to help you out a little further, you could check some other sites to see if you can get someone to help you out. Some college/university students offer services for free for more experiences, so it's also an option.

I would go to the website and see if the change logs or something have a database included.

If you can't find it, just let me know and I'll find it for you!

I would also need to change to colour of their names as we are selling the ranks and the ranks come with a coloured name so people can easily differentiate each other.

I took a screen shot off the 000WebHost and put a red rectangle round 4 options that I think might be it. Please let me know if it is, and if it is, can you please tell me exactly how to do it? View image: 000webhost

Thanks in advanced.

Ashley.

5yo0lnhcp

Okay well because in don't have time right now to fully try and make one. I found something that could help. Of you are running bukkit (which you should be). Than any of these should work. If not, a clear understanding of both HTML, and MySQL would have to be present. Server Mods - Bukkit

This seems to be for Minecraft servers. Correct me if im wrong. I need something so the can login on the site, I need:

1. A place they can register.
  2. A box they login.
  3. There name to be displayed on the page.
  4. A page with a list of members.
The page with the list of members, and the members list will have to have there names, there ranks, there permissions and there name will need to be coloured, maybe even a notes section.

Oh okay sorry that was my bad! I thought you wanted to connect your website to minecraft! Okay so it should be possible to use that program if the 00webhost has a database. If they do, you just need to make a box with input, and then have it save a value to the database.

This should work I think. If not then you will have to use a MySQL

I went on to 000webhost and mad a MySQL database, I then went in to PHPMyAdmin and now I'm making a new table. Am I doing this right so far? After creating the table, I should be able to link them to a login and register bit that already exists on BlueVoda? View image: Untitled

Yeah so far it looks pretty good! If you send me a link, than I can test it out. Some hard coding may be missed buy we can work on it.

If you don't mind me asking, what else are you wanting to so with the accounts? Such as : posting, profiles and so on so forth?

Back
Top Bottom