Random Chit Chat

Sorry to hear you've been affected by it Nikki - sounds like a horrible situation, but you seem to be keeping your chin up and making the best of it, I'm not sure I'd cope as well! Thoughts go to you and your family, I hope you manage to get things rectified ASAP.

Thank you so much!!!! It means a lot the people care.

Well, if the case was so cheap, you could just buy another one, no? Although... You could get yourself an MP3 player stereo system. The Jack should fit in the headphone port, and you can switch it out with earbuds or something. It'll definitely expand your case options. :D (In fact, despite my dinosaur computer, I'm quite proud of the corresponding sound system! Subwoofer and everything!)

What does this mean?: "US will be nearly energy self-sufficient by 2035"

A news crawl says the International Energy Agency made that announcement adding (US)
"net exporter of natural gas by 2020."

Assuming the forecast is accurate, what does this mean for supplies of gas and home heating oil in the US along with their pricing?

I was looking more for just a thing to go in and empty drive bay that gives me audio jacks or something. I'm pretty sure that still exists but I can't find anything of the sort anymore. I already have a decent sound system I don't have an actual sound system with like a cd player or anything but just a pretty decent set of altec lansing speakers from 2005 on my rig but i'm in college and its pretty loud so I usually use headphones plugged into the front but now since the jack is jacked I can't use it so well

mikee286 said:
I was looking more for just a thing to go in and empty drive bay that gives me audio jacks or something. I'm pretty sure that still exists but I can't find anything of the sort anymore. I already have a decent sound system I don't have an actual sound system with like a cd player or anything but just a pretty decent set of altec lansing speakers from 2005 on my rig but i'm in college and its pretty loud so I usually use headphones plugged into the front but now since the jack is jacked I can't use it so well

http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-Recon3D-Fatal1ty-Champion/M/B0060SXDRI.htm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118008

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

Last edited:
Re: What does this mean?: "US will be nearly energy self-sufficient by 2035"

A news crawl says the International Energy Agency made that announcement adding (US)
"net exporter of natural gas by 2020."

Assuming the forecast is accurate, what does this mean for supplies of gas and home heating oil in the US along with their pricing?
It means Natural Gas is dirt cheap here and has been. What they are also referring to is the hope that cars will soon run on Nat Gas as well. Companies have been experimenting with Natural Gas injection in engines already. You can even buy kits to convert trucks and such to Nat gas, it's about $5000 to convert at this point. But Honda should have a Natural Gas Civic on the market very soon if not already.

Re: What does this mean?: "US will be nearly energy self-sufficient by 2035"

It means Natural Gas is dirt cheap here and has been. What they are also referring to is the hope that cars will soon run on Nat Gas as well. Companies have been experimenting with Natural Gas injection in engines already. You can even buy kits to convert trucks and such to Nat gas, it's about $5000 to convert at this point. But Honda should have a Natural Gas Civic on the market very soon if not already.

Thank you for responding.

Wow, I feel like an idiot. I tripped over the power cord to my laptop and the big ferrite choke on the end snagged under it and flung it down the desk and into a wall. Now there's lines going through the screen where the lcd separated. It wasn't even plugged in when this happened...

Lesson learned. I'm going to get a hold saw tomorrow and drill through the desk so i can run cables though it instead of having them dangling off the back.

Good idea have them going through the desk, you can get a special hole to put them in
41R%2B2HbZI2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yeah, I once had a desk with one of those pre-installed. It was nice. I'm just going to drill a hole though. There's no need to overcomplicate things here.

Looks like it's gonna cost me $50 for a new lcd. Could be worse I guess.

Back
Top Bottom