Photograph Of The Day

It's a very nice picture.

I'm not a huge fan of landscapes in BW because the point of landscapes is to see the color. It does work here however with the path.

Well, I'm glad you like it. I'm going to have to disagree with you though when you say "the point of landscapes is to see the color." That may be the way you see it, but there is no single "point" to any type of art, and saying there is does nothing more than closing yourself off to the actual intentions behind the work. Personally, I find that black and white gives my pictures a certain feel that wouldn't be the same if I were to use color film. It's also a pretty good reflection of my personality and how I see the world, if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm sure this is starting to sound pretentious, so I'll just leave it at that. Since it's past midnight here, I'll also post today's picture.

IMG_0002 by Jenn Daigneault, on Flickr

This one is wonderful.

I understand, and didn't mean to insult your intentions. When I do landscapes I like them in color, that's all.

foothead said:
...It's also a pretty good reflection of my personality and how I see the world...
That's a shame. I love to see the world in color, although are certainly days when B&W do just fine :ermm:

Yeah that's true. Nice pic by the way. ( refering to the one where the path goes straight back in to the trees. ) Now if that was a set of railroad tracks going off in the woods that'd be really cool. I'd use that as a wallpaper.

Last edited:
Yeah that's true. Nice pic by the way. ( refering to the one where the path goes straight back in to the trees. ) Now if that was a set of railroad tracks going off in the woods that'd be really cool. I'd use that as a wallpaper.

Hm, I can try that. There's some railroad tracks about a mile from where I live. Next time the sky is good, I'll go out there and take a couple photos.

Out of curiosit guys, i know this is a Social topic but why isn't this in the Gallery section?

Back
Top Bottom