want to Know why you can't divide with 0?

I'm at work at the minute so can't watch the videos but how hard is it to understand?

If i have 10 sweets and 2 people to give them to i can give them 5 each.

If i have 10 sweets and nobody to give them to i can't do anything. . . . . therefore you can't divide by zero? Thats the way i've always seen it.

you say "If i have 10 sweets and nobody to give them to i can't do anything"
but why is that. 0 is a number like any other. why can't you mathematically not divide with 0.

why can't we just say that dividing with 0 will give you 0 or make it equal to "infinity".

the reason is that you can make a valid argument that 1/0 = "infinity" as well as a valid argument that says 1/0 = "negative infinity".

it's not hard to understand, i just find the video interesting, and that's why i wanted to share it.

Last edited:
The answer is there is no answer to your question. If this sounds like a nonanswer, let me explain. Multiplying any number by 0 yields 0, there is no number you can multiply by 0 to give you a nonzero answer. Finally dividing 0 by 0 gives you the entire real number line as an answer. That's why division by 0 is ruled out by mathematicians.

Aren't you glad you asked that question?

0 is not infinity. It's nothing. A place holder in math formuals.
This thread is totally random.

Can you divide 2 by nothing? Zero isn't a normal number. Like above said its a place holder among numbers. 7/0 means that you are dividing 7 by nothing. If you got 0 on your paycheck. You got nothing. Therefore dividing by 0 cannot give you a number, in fact if you graph that equation, you get a hole in your graph.

1337G33k said:
If you divide or multiply a number by zero: IT WILL STAY A ZERO.

If you multiply a number by nothing, you get nothing. However you cannot get anything from dividing by Zero. If you can figure it out I will be intrigued. Thanks.

The answer is there is no answer to your question. If this sounds like a nonanswer, let me explain. Multiplying any number by 0 yields 0, there is no number you can multiply by 0 to give you a nonzero answer. Finally dividing 0 by 0 gives you the entire real number line as an answer. That's why division by 0 is ruled out by mathematicians.

Aren't you glad you asked that question?

No am not glad i started this thread, course i can see people are being jerks about it.
i'm well aware that it's not possible to divide with 0. i just find this video to be interesting. that's it.

If you say multiplying with 0 gives you 0 course there are no nothing to multiply with, then why can't you say that dividing with 0 gives you 0 course there are nothing to divide with?

did you even watch it?

0 is not infinity. It's nothing. A place holder in math formuals.
This thread is totally random.

There are arguments that suggest that dividing with 0 gives you infinity, but are counter suggested by the opposite negative infinity. did you watch the video? i find it a good video, so i wanted to share, and people bash me for it.

Back
Top Bottom