Whats up with my hard disk/drive?

WYSIWUG

In Runtime
Why does it show up in one program but not the other? is my drive ok?

ALSO:

I am looking to upgrade my drive in my laptop.
Any good leads to good fast drives that are compatible with XP? Im look for something in the 500-720GB range.

Have YOU seen http://pricespy.co.nz?

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Why does it show up in one program but not the other? is my drive ok?

ALSO:

I am looking to upgrade my drive in my laptop.
Any good leads to good fast drives that are compatible with XP? Im look for something in the 500-720GB range.

Have YOU seen PriceSpy - Shopping Intelligence

Well if its popping up in My Computer and you can copy files to and from the Hard Drive then I'm guessing the drive is fine. But the software maybe the problem. This is only what I think and I maybe wrong. Anyway let me know what is going on with the Hard Drive or software.

If your computer been working ok with no problems then do your self a favor and uninstall HD tune Pro because it is giving you a false analyst of your hard drive.
HD Tune pro is known to this on certain hard drives.

If you want a proper diagnostic program go to Hitachi website and download the correct program for your hard drive.
My opinion is you only need to diagnose when you experience problems, if not why bother.

If you want to learn to do these diagnose programs then look for specific forums that do these or at least ask first here if any one know of this so that they can guide you.

My opinion is you only need to diagnose when you experience problems, if not why bother.

I like to have complete control of my computer, and want to know what is happening with my hardware daily, I like HD Tune Pro, it's error scan is the best around (in my veiw).

I like to have complete control of my computer, and want to know what is happening with my hardware daily, I like HD Tune Pro, it's error scan is the best around (in my veiw).

Well if you want complete control and know what is going on then understand the program 100%....
You say it is the best around but do not understand what it is telling you.....bit odd!

You misread my post, I like HD Tune Pro, it's error scan is the best around (in my veiw)
No I have not misread your posts, my last post was in referral to your first post since you asked the question Why does it show up in one program but not the other? is my drive ok?

If you think it is the best program then your drive is failing because it is telling you that, but your last question tells me you doubt the program or you lack confidence in it.

IMO your drive is OK and like I said the best program to diagnose your drive is your Hard Drive manufacturers diagnose software.

Back
Top Bottom