What Scripting Languages Should I Learn?

ashpash21

In Runtime
So I want to start designing websites and I wanted to know what scripting I should learn. I know one will be HTML but unsure of the others.

Do you want to start designing web sites or scripting them?

There are alot of people who do both but there are an equal number of people / companies who will hire designers to design the website and scripters / developers to code it.

As much as they will almost ALL disagree with me, developers don't tend to be great at designing things, however that's not to say that there arent exceptions!

For designings websites my key tool is Photoshop.

Then for scripting in terms of languages i know just enough of the below to get me through.

HTML / XHTML / HTML5
CSS
PHP
MYSQL
MS SQL
C# .net
ASP.net

I would generally say PHP and MySQL go nicely together as a pair and C# and MS SQL go nicely as a pair, its handy to know both sides but you probably only need to focus on 1 to begin with.

For basic websites, HTML, CSS

For dynamic websites (logging in, anything holding info), SQL ,MySQL, HTML, CSS.

Check out this site w3schools.com learn HTML & CSS there then read the PHP guide they have there and then start watching phpacademy on youtube you'll pick up the languages fast if you focus and stay on topic when learning.. These 3 languages are main languages you'll be using in everyday web coding for beginners.

best of luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask anytime , I'm here to help you :)

In terms of websites like you stated w3schools.com (as said above).

HTML/CSS - This will get you base functions and get the site working then work on PHP to code functions for the website.

That's how I learnt.

Back
Top Bottom