Windows XP Pro Won't Install

ashpash21

In Runtime
Hi,
I have a problem. I have got a second machine that I'm trying it install windows xp pro and whenever I install windows, it formats the hard drive and then copy's the files and then it says about rebooting and if there's a floppy disk in drive a take it out, after it has rebooted it goes straight back to the windows setup screen, where you can choose if you want to enter the setup or the repair console.
I have tried this many times, with a few hard drives. And all have the same result.
By the way, it's an IBM think center with 1.5gb ram

Would like to learn more about this. Can you explain what you mean by saying that this version of Windows XP is corrupt, i.e. what would make it corrupt and what can be done about it?

I'm guessing what he means is that it might be scratched or has been burned incorrectly. Unfortunately I do not know much you can do about this, although you can use T-Cut on the disc to get rid of deep scratches. The other option is to burn the .ISO to another disc and maybe burn it at a slower speed. If this doesn't work you might have to download a different version of the Windows Set-Up and burn that .ISO to disc.

ashpash21 said:
I’m guessing what he means is that it might be scratched or has been burned incorrectly. Unfortunately I do not know much you can do about this, although you can use T-Cut on the disc to get rid of deep scratches. The other option is to burn the .ISO to another disc and maybe burn it at a slower speed. If this doesn’t work you might have to download a different version of the Windows Set-Up and burn that .ISO to disc.

Exactly, I didn't know if it was a genuine disk or a illegally downloaded version, So how I am supposed to know..

Exactly, I didn't know if it was a genuine disk or a illegally downloaded version, So how I am supposed to know..

I thought the disks were meant to be free to download? So you can use them to restore Windows. But you have to use a genuine key.

Regardless if it's legal or not (which I don't know), if it's a bad burn or a bad image that you downloaded it could cause the issues.

Apologies if i'm pointing out the obvious but your not pressing the "press any key to boot from CD" "button" upon the reboot are you?

Your just meant to let it boot off the Hard Disk after that . . . . .

Also check your BIOS is allowing your PC to boot from your hard disk.

The disc I have is not the problem. It has been used before to install XP on many other machines.

No I was lot pressing the 'press any key to boot from CD' in fact I took the XP disc out so it could not boot from the disc.

It turned out that the hard drive had a jumper on it. The jumper was set to boot in the order of the cables. After taking the jumper off, it worked fine, and windows booted up straight away. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom