Egg cholesterol

I highly doubt that the entire agriculture and food industry is all just a sham to steal our money. Do you realize how wild your accusations sound? Just because you did a little research, all of a sudden all the "experts" are wrong and have been selling us a lie for years...

I agree, anything in excess is bad. Fat is important in some respects, depending on the type, as is protein, carbs, all of it. Carbs contain calories. A calorie is a unit of energy. Our body runs on calories for energy. If you have more calories than your body can release in the form of energy, they are released in the form of something else, they don't just disappear.

I don't diet. I lift a few times a week, I eat what I want (I love spinach, so that's a plus. Trying to be Popeye), and I am a type 1 diabetic. So I know EXACTLY how whole grain type foods affect me vs processed foods and so on. Fat has a very similar effect on the way carbs act in your body as whole grains.
If the diet you have, works for you, that's fine. Doesn't mean it's the best thing. Our bodies are much different than they were thousands of years ago. So I wouldn't base your research on people back then, with a lifespan of about 20...

I will tell you how a high fat/carb diet effected me. When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I was already skinny and had lost 10-15 lbs in the month prior to being diagnosed. The doctor wanted me to fatten up a bit because I was getting too skinny. He told me to eat a high carb/calorie diet. So I did. Gained 20 lbs or so over 6 months, and went back to eating normal. That's the only diet I have ever done though.

Last edited:
Fat is a source of energy, albeit secondary. Once you use up your primary supply of energy (sugar, etc.), then the body turns to fat, converting it into energy to keep you going. It also acts as a cushion towards cold temperatures. The question in my mind isn't about having fat, but how much of it as a reserve and I don't think there's an easy answer for it.

I highly doubt that the entire agriculture and food industry is all just a sham to steal our money. Do you realize how wild your accusations sound? Just because you did a little research, all of a sudden all the "experts" are wrong and have been selling us a lie for years...

I agree, anything in excess is bad. Fat is important in some respects, depending on the type, as is protein, carbs, all of it. Carbs contain calories. A calorie is a unit of energy. Our body runs on calories for energy. If you have more calories than your body can release in the form of energy, they are released in the form of something else, they don't just disappear.

I don't diet. I lift a few times a week, I eat what I want (I love spinach, so that's a plus. Trying to be Popeye), and I am a type 1 diabetic. So I know EXACTLY how whole grain type foods affect me vs processed foods and so on. Fat has a very similar effect on the way carbs act in your body as whole grains.
If the diet you have, works for you, that's fine. Doesn't mean it's the best thing. Our bodies are much different than they were thousands of years ago. So I wouldn't base your research on people back then, with a lifespan of about 20...

I will tell you how a high fat/carb diet effected me. When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I was already skinny and had lost 10-15 lbs in the month prior to being diagnosed. The doctor wanted me to fatten up a bit because I was getting too skinny. He told me to eat a high carb/calorie diet. So I did. Gained 20 lbs or so over 6 months, and went back to eating normal. That's the only diet I have ever done though.

Could not have said it better myself, but in my case I have to exercise regularly for other reasons and I have done well....
I hour exercise each day, no added sugar or salt...eat sensible portions of meals and I have lost 20 kilograms in the last 8 months with the intention of losing another 10 kilo's in the next 12months and I feel better for it.

I was warned 18 months ago to do some thing or face the consequence of having diabetes.

Back
Top Bottom