Random Chit Chat

That's because they are located at the center of the population mass when the state's were formed.
Except for Michigan. The capital is not Detroit because it was too close to Canada.

Actually, a city up here in the UP, around 550 miles from Detroit, was in the running for Capital of Michigan. Calumet, Michigan, in the late 1800s was a huge mining town and one of the bigger cities in Michigan.
Some say, that this is the only possible place that the Vikings could have gotten copper from. Interesting...

Well cele, looks like you only get one thumbs up. :whistling:

Well A for effort? Lol. Just an FYI Tech, I was born and raise in Wisconsin :)

Except for Michigan. The capital is not Detroit because it was too close to Canada.

Actually, a city up here in the UP, around 550 miles from Detroit, was in the running for Capital of Michigan. Calumet, Michigan, in the late 1800s was a huge mining town and one of the bigger cities in Michigan.
Some say, that this is the only possible place that the Vikings could have gotten copper from. Interesting...

Ha well there are always exceptions to the rule. Although that one is pretty cool.

Are there any members here from Chicago? I was just talking to a friend there and he said all their TV and radio stations suddenly blacked out and there's military helicopters all over. I can't find anything on the internet though.

EDIT: Apparently some sort of elaborate military exercise. How bizarre.

Last edited:
Hello all!!! Sorry I haven't been on much. I had to deal with Hurricane Sandy and I currently have no roof. Yesterday we had a nor-easter snow storm come ashore and my bathroom suffered more damage. No body is working with my family and I. It is a pain. Anyway school has been tough but I am handling it every day. Just wanted to stop by and say hi!!

Nikki

Hello all!!! Sorry I haven't been on much. I had to deal with Hurricane Sandy and I currently have no roof. Yesterday we had a nor-easter snow storm come ashore and my bathroom suffered more damage. No body is working with my family and I. It is a pain. Anyway school has been tough but I am handling it every day. Just wanted to stop by and say hi!!

Nikki

Sorry to hear you've been affected by it Nikki - sounds like a horrible situation, but you seem to be keeping your chin up and making the best of it, I'm not sure I'd cope as well! Thoughts go to you and your family, I hope you manage to get things rectified ASAP.

Are there any members here from Chicago? I was just talking to a friend there and he said all their TV and radio stations suddenly blacked out and there's military helicopters all over. I can't find anything on the internet though.

EDIT: Apparently some sort of elaborate military exercise. How bizarre.
I'm from Chicago. I didn't hear anything about that. Maybe it was only in the city?

The front panel audio connector on my new computer built in july is already broken or close to it. I now have to insert the headphones and push down slightly and wiggle it around to get a proper connection or it sounds like its in a huge tunnel. I guess that's what I get for cheaping out on a case.

Is there any way to replace the audio port on the front of the case? I really find having this convenient because I alternate between headphones and speakers

Back
Top Bottom