data recovery options?

cory1

Beta member
Hi everyone,

This is my first post.

Before my question's I first would like to describe my situation.

I'm trying to help a friend recover data from a hard drive which shows a drive letter. The data recovery software cannot access it. I haven't had that problem because of a backup system I use therefore lack recovery experience.

I've never found a data recovery software that works. The only experience with recovery software I have is to use it to test file shedding software so I can watch the file remnants disappear with every sweep.

The businesses I called told me that data recovery software is usually unsuccessful and success would be more likely if the platters were installed into a known good drive. The estimates I received were anywhere from $300 to $1000.

My question's are:

Is there a less expensive option?

How difficult would it be to perform the moving of hard drive platters to a working hard drive?

Would it be possible to get a data recovery software name which can be tested before purchase and are reasonable people to deal with.

I hope someone would be able to provide some insight's.

Thank you,

There are various less expensive data recovery software available in the market you just need to seek it.And if you visit any shop for the software they will definitely test first.

One of the best things I've found for situations like this is to download and burn to CD or make a bootable flash drive of Hirens Boot CD and boot into the Mini Linux. It can often read drive contents where Windows or even some other Linux distros cannot.

Hi,

You can try to use a Data Recovery Software to retrieve your lost data.Nowadays there are so many software available.which can help you to restore your all desire data and Kernel for Windows Data Recovery Software,one of them which can help you.

You can also try to use this software,a free demo of this software can be downloaded from here http://www.recoveryfiles.org

I've never encountered recoveryfiles.org/ but now I will be trying it. Also the boot disk is worth a try.
Thank you all very much for your ideas.

Back
Top Bottom