Election today!

Winner of the Election?

• Obama

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Romney

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In 2008, i wanted McCain to win, and my predictions of what obama was going to do were greatly underestimated,

I'm hoping Romney to win, but honestly I believe there are more people going on obama's side.

I"m expecting recounts. A lot of the states are very close at this point. I'm expecting that my guy has lost at this point which sucks since I really don't trust Obama after Libya and Fast & Furious but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Well, Obama won again. I didn't really care. The social issues that a lot of people were voting over (Abortion, gay marriage, etc...) will not be touched by either of them anyway. And as far as economic issues, their policies were both very vague, but very similar. I really didn't care who was elected.

Turns out my vote cost about $31. Article: Your vote costs Obama and Romney about $22 | Security & Privacy - CNET News

Also noted is that the candidates combined to spend about $5 Billion (with a B) on advertising....:eek:
On the same note, Obama spends his entire first 4 years worrying about getting reelected rather than focusing 100% on running the country. Hopefully he can do something good now.

Like sign that oil pipe line bill, creating TONS of jobs. He said he wouldn't do that until after he was reelected, which is sketchy in my opinion... Then again, corruption and lying is to be expected from Obama, he is afterall, an Illinois politician. Where 4 of our last 6 governors are in jail. The other two probably just haven't been caught yet.

Last edited:
Goooobama.

^Unemployment figures in your country are at the lowest point since the 80s already.

What the fuck has Obama done so far?
It depends on how you get those figures. Usually that only counts people still looking for jobs and those that are only on unemployment. Unemployment runs out after a certain amount of time, then those people aren't counted anymore. It's hard to find an honest figure. But I can tell you it's still not great over here.

And you do know there was a recession in the 80s right?... With double digit unemployment.
The unemployment rate now is around 7.9%, but that doesn't account for those that no longer qualify for unemployment.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48468748/Real_Unemployment_Rate_Shows_Far_More_Jobless

Take a look at that article. That takes into account people who had to take underpaid part-time jobs, those that no longer are on unemployment and so on. That's at 14.9%. It was somewhere around 8-10% just before the recession. So no, we are not doing as well as we were, still plenty of room for improvement.

And I am not blaming this on Obama like some might. He's not a great president, but he's not terrible.
The biggest issue is not the liberals and not the republicans. The issue is the massive divide between them and their childishness behavior towards working with each other. There are good ideas on both sides and bad ideas on both sides. If we could work together to make this country better, we might not be $16 trillion in debt... with a high jobless rate still.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom