Apple does it again

So I posted this already but maybe it belongs here instead:

ss-121004-weekly-19_grid-8x2.jpg

the cartoon above.

remember when apply actually innovated?

ummm, nope.
I remember when they started claiming to have inovated.

which goes all the way back to the start of their business, they claim to have invented the first home computer, but there was a faster cheaper IBM model release to the home market a year earlier.

they claim to have invented the best smart phone, but like wise, I had a smaller, faster cheaper HTC years before the iphone, and mine had blue tooth, a camera and 3g media messages etc whilst it took apple years to figure out these were even wanted or needed.

they claim to have invented the app store.
but there were app stores before, going back around a decade before the iphone.

they claim to have invented the personal music player, but there were hard disk based MP3 players before the ipod.

truth of the matter is, apple never, ever innovated anything.
What they do is they look around, they look at what's popular.
they take something that already exists, put it into a sleek packaging,
spunk a million quid on advertising
and put an i at the start of a word for the product name...

that said. I have an iphone and I bloody love it!

will I buy an ipad mini?
no, I already have a small screen apple device,
if I want a small screen I'll use my phone, if I need a larger screen I'll buy the regular sized ipad. there is not enough difference in price for me to want to have less screen.

the ipod mini will be a success. but not to people who actually think long and hard before spending hundreds of beer tokens on mobile devices

the cartoon above.

ummm, nope.

which goes all the way back to the start of their business, they claim to have invented the first home computer, but there was a faster cheaper IBM model release to the home market a year earlier.

they claim to have invented the best smart phone, but like wise, I had a smaller, faster cheaper HTC years before the iphone, and mine had blue tooth, a camera and 3g media messages etc whilst it took apple years to figure out these were even wanted or needed.

they claim to have invented the personal music player, but there were hard disk based MP3 players before the ipod.

will I buy an ipad mini?
if I want a small screen I'll use my phone, if I need a larger screen I'll buy the regular sized ipad. there is not enough difference in price for me to want to have less screen.

the ipod mini will be a success. but not to people who actually think long and hard before spending hundreds of beer tokens on mobile devices

way to be optimistic :cool:

the cartoon above.

ummm, nope.

will I buy an ipad mini?

While i partially agree with most of what you are saying i think Apple still DOES innovate, agreed not in the way of bringing out the latest and best technology but they have a habit or taking something that already exists and giving it a completely new image and new appeal.

iPhone prime example, yes there were smart phones out long before this that had much better specs but they were Windows Phones or Blackberrys which simply couldnt touch Apple when it comes to style and user interface.

The iPod and iPod nano etc there were MP3 players about before Apple came on the scene there were hard disk based MP3 players as well BUT no japanese or chinese company every tried to make cheap immitations of them becuase they wasnt that great.
Apple comes out with a design that is so simple, beautiful and easy to use that it's hard not to take notice.

I myself am neither an Apple hater or lover, i almost begrudge myself for having an iPAd and iPhone because i know that there are cheaper alternatives out there that will do just the same if not more than my Apple devices and they deserve just as much respect so i would never reccomend an Apple to someone over an alternative device, thats there preference. My preference when it comes to tablets and phones is Apple.

OMG you guys....

This forum has taken on such serious tone. Why can't a joke just be a joke? Why does it require 5 replies that are 5 paragraphs each? What happened to looking at things light-heartedly? Why does it have to spark a great debate? Why can't we all just laugh at a joke and go on with our lives?

God damn, y'all need to lightened up and enjoy yourselves a little more...

OMG you guys....

This forum has taken on such serious tone. Why can't a joke just be a joke? Why does it require 5 replies that are 5 paragraphs each? What happened to looking at things light-heartedly? Why does it have to spark a great debate? Why can't we all just laugh at a joke and go on with our lives?

God damn, y'all need to lightened up and enjoy yourselves a little more...

You make me laugh :) that's one good thing . . . . . i can't think of any others. . . . . . . . . lol

I'm not going to "5 parangraph" reply to this but there is NOTHING wrong with having a constructive and intelligent conversation or go as far to call it a debate about things?

I fail to see the problem?

I think what has naturally happened over time is certainly myself and i can see alot of other members have matured and aren't kids any more so we are capable of having our own opinions and strong opinions and we can happily and sensibly debate these things without it turning into an arguement or "flame war".

Again i fail to see the problem?

There isn't a problem. There is nothing wrong with a debate.

But why does everything have to turn into a debate? Why can't we take things at face value and laugh about it.

I'm not saying we don't need discussions and debates, but most of the members here rarely post anything that makes me laugh anymore. It used to be fun, now it's very serious.

Being older and more mature doesn't meann we have to lose our sense of humor, right? Ask any 90+ year old person his/her secrect I can bet laughter is one of the things they'll mention.

I see what your saying BUT . . . . . "i reject your reality and substitute my own"

Back
Top Bottom