anybody know how to get this out??

rohan2jos

Baseband Member
Hey
I have two lg w1943c monitors
I have mounted one on the wall
The base plate comes out, but the stem connecting the base and the monitor does not get detached

I have attached pics of the stem....thanks and cheers :)

ForumRunner_20121106_122257.jpg

ForumRunner_20121106_122306.jpg

Try a hammer or a saw. XD
no but really, i couldn't say. i have a monitor aswell that comes with that kind of foot that you can't just take off.
It's really a bad design that it's not easy to figure out if it is at all possible without braking something.
Samsung is a sinner too with a few of there monitors.

Lol yeah I had similar thoughts too!!
But the problem is that I don't want to make it unable to stand again!
Sad design

Surely the stem is screwed some where to the monitor.

Sorry, I just looked at the manual.....what a crappy design for the stem if it is molded to monitor case

Last edited:
I can barely see inside, but from what I can make out, there is a ball and socket like joint(pardon me i don't know the exact term)

But the question is, even if I unscrew the back panel, will I be able to remove that kind of a joint?

I can barely see inside, but from what I can make out, there is a ball and socket like joint(pardon me i don't know the exact term)

But the question is, even if I unscrew the back panel, will I be able to remove that kind of a joint?
I think you might be able to, worth an investigation if you are capable.

hey mmm

sorry for replying late...had a paper yesterday.....

Okay, here is the problem....since i have never done anything with lcds bfore, i dont really know how to get the back panel out......

I see no screws or anything.......all i see on the back panel is this....

Attachments

• 2012-11-10-21-52-11_photo.jpg
    2012-11-10-21-52-11_photo.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom