What is the most powerful PC you can buy?

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread...But it seems to best fit this thread.

What is the most powerful PC that you can buy? As far as I'm concerned there is this HP Z820 Workstation which seems pretty powerful to me with up to 512GB of RAM, up to 14TB of storage and two 8 Core Intel Xeon processors with a NVIDIA graphics card with 6GB of Video Memory.

I haven't been able to find anything more powerful. Is there anything that you know of that is more powerful than the Z820 Workstation? I am really curious and so far haven't found anything.

Are you kidding? That HP Z820 is a toy.

This is a powerful computer... California Nuke Simulator Is World's Most Powerful Computer | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com

It just cost a little more to buy.

Yeah I know about those, but I meant ones that I might be able to fit inside my room lol

At least the Z820 is just a bit bigger than my main computer tower haha

I wonder what gaming would be like on this computer...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I wonder what the scores will be when bench marking it. o_O

At least 500,000?

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I wonder what the scores will be when bench marking it. o_O

At least 500,000?

My question would be, why?

why buy a massively expensive and powerful computer just for kicks. Theres nothing you can be doing in your room that would require that kind of power.

I was just curious. And yeah, I'd buy something like that just for kicks lol

It's extremely future-proof as well.

I was just curious. And yeah, I'd buy something like that just for kicks lol

It's extremely future-proof as well.

I know there is a lot of sarcasm in this thread and i can read into it, but i actually don't think it is extremely future proof, not if you look at the cost over performance.

I'd say buying the latest i7 machine with 8Gb RAM is more future proof than that machine . . . . . . . . (taking cost into account).

Think about it what does a decent i7 machine with 8Gb RAM cost nowa days £600 maybe? depending on graphics card maybe more? That will last you a year, so £600 a year

so you could build a brand new i7 "equivalent" machine or essentially a brand new very capable machine for £600 every year for 100 years is only £60,000 what did that thing cost to build and would it really be able to out perform my £600 machine in 100 years time?

Food for thought . . . .

I know there is a lot of sarcasm in this thread and i can read into it, but i actually don't think it is extremely future proof, not if you look at the cost over performance.

I'd say buying the latest i7 machine with 8Gb RAM is more future proof than that machine . . . . . . . . (taking cost into account).

Think about it what does a decent i7 machine with 8Gb RAM cost nowa days £600 maybe? depending on graphics card maybe more? That will last you a year, so £600 a year

so you could build a brand new i7 "equivalent" machine or essentially a brand new very capable machine for £600 every year for 100 years is only £60,000 what did that thing cost to build and would it really be able to out perform my £600 machine in 100 years time?

Food for thought . . . .

I found it on newegg for $4000 (assuming I'm looking at the right computer). If you figure £600 - that's about $1000 (assuming my math is right). That's 4 years of "new computers". I don't think in 4 years, your "i7 equivalent" will be out-performing it by 'that' much.

Although to be fair technology jumps exponentially but a few simple upgrades and I'd think they'd still be fairly even....at least I'd hope if I spent $4K on a pc.

Back
Top Bottom