Future computer build check please?

Computergamer18

Solid State Member
Hey all. Please I'll like to say I am from the United Kingdom and all prices of the components will be in pounds(£)

First I would like to say I am not a wiz at computers, so I'll probably end up making a few errors by mistake, hoping really that somebody corrects me or something. This will be my first build, so I am very noobie truth be told. My computer is going to be generally more involved for gaming purposes, simply for entertainment and enjoyment. Gaming has been a big thing for me and for the past few years I've been pretty much a console gamer, but now I've decided to notch up a gear or two, and advanced to PC gaming level. In needing the right capacity and durability, I am going to need a very powerful and demanding computer to be able to sustain the most potentionous games out there. So, after a long while picking out my components I have come to a conclusion on what to buy. Now, truth be told, I am not really a highly informed person when it comes to the specs of numerous components, whether or not if the components are compatible, reliable or able to sustain high-end gaming - and this is when you guys come into help.

Now that's all clarified, I'll now proceed to my future components I intend on buying and hopefully building once checked.

Also, another important thing I may note down. I've already gone ahead and brought the case and CPU. The case has arrived, the CPU should be turning up today according to delivery service. Below, I'll specifically note them down as 'bought' beside the component titles, and if a issue has been signified in the discussion then I will may take back the case and CPU if there is something wrong.

Now, going onto the components I'm looking to buy, please guys, do bring up recommendations, suggestions and/or ideas for the build I am planning on doing, like notify me if the one component isn't compatible with another component, or some piece is bottle-necked over another part.

Computer Case Bought - Sharkoon T28 Gaming Case - Black and Green - No PSU
High Quality Construction, Up To 2 x 5.25" Drive Bays Up to 8 3.5" Bays, Supports Full ATX & Below Motherboards - £58.98

Central Processing Unit Bought - AMD Bulldozer FX-8 Eight Core 8150 Black Edition 3.60Ghz (Socket AM3+) Processor - £139.99

Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Formula AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) Motherboard - £174.98

Memory - Corsair Vengeance RED 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-15000C9 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit

Video Card - XFX 2048MB GDDR5 AMD ATI Radeon HD 7850 Core Edition DVI HDMI Mini DisplayPort, PCI-E - £146.99

Power Supply - Antec High Current Pro 850W Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply - £129.98

I know I've left out the optical drive and HDD, but I haven't really checked them out yet. Somebody could suggest some for me if you want to, if you do, it will be a pleasure. That'll be it really. If I've made mistakes on something then I very sorry, it's just I am really a novice person at doing this, or maybe I've gone and rush picking out the components.

All is done. Maybe if you can give me some advice, suggestions or recommendations to buy some components then that will be fine. All I am needing is some help pretty much, just seeing if I've got every noted down ready to buy.

Last edited:
A nice solid state drive would be a good addition to that setup. I'd say, a 120GB SSD and maybe 2 WD Black Edition HDD's in raid for performance.

A nice solid state drive would be a good addition to that setup. I'd say, a 120GB SSD and maybe 2 WD Black Edition HDD's in raid for performance.

I like how I'm on another forum room and a lot of the people are doubting the performance on the FX-Bulldozer, they say it is useless for gaming. I'm reckoning that they are some fan boys for Intel, maybe wrong, they maybe right, but I've seen a lot of good reviews on the AMD addition of the Bulldozer series and it is very good.

I know I've already got one HDD 1 TB in my computer at the moment, I'll use that to save money. Maybe I'll look into one of the SSD cards.

The FX series AMD processor makes a very good gaming cpu. You hear so much bad mouthing, because AMD fanboys were looking forward to that cpu for nearly 2 years. They fantasized about it crushing anything in Intel's line up, even though AMD never made such a claim.

When reviews all of the world showed that it was just another new processor, and could not compete with any of the top end Intel CPUs, there was disappointment amongst it supporters.

The truth is, it is a very capable CPU, for most applications including gaming.

The FX series AMD processor makes a very good gaming cpu. You hear so much bad mouthing, because AMD fanboys were looking forward to that cpu for nearly 2 years. They fantasized about it crushing anything in Intel's line up, even though AMD never made such a claim.

When reviews all of the world showed that it was just another new processor, and could not compete with any of the top end Intel CPUs, there was disappointment amongst it supporters.

The truth is, it is a very capable CPU, for most applications including gaming.

The FX series isn't a bad choice, that's why I pretty much already purchased it. Saying that though I might be going a little ahead of myself quickly buying components, when in reality most people list down everything and double check with people if its a good build or not. Maybe I'm feeling a little confident about the CPU which I kind am. Coming to the overclocking business that's where I fall short on. I've never overclocked and I am little bit worried if I do intend to overclock I need to know beforehand and whether the specs I've got are right for the job. Truthfully speaking I should be excited as this is my first build and my first time I intend to overclock, so I should be like that, not worrying if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom