Wi-Fi Issue

WYSIWUG

In Runtime
Hi all, I have installed the Broadcom 802.11 b/g wireless ethernet driver, and the Wi-Fi wont work and Device Manager wont let me uninstall the device, saying that it is needed to boot the system - really? A Wi-Fi card needed for boot? And also when I try to install any other driver, it refuses. Could someone help me please, i'm missing out on some free internet.

Specs: Compaq Presario c700 Windows XP pro, 1.5GB RAM 1.73GHz Intel Celeron and Chipset.

I imagine that your BIOS has PXE boot enabled and is including the Wireless NIC in the devices (causing Windows to disallow removal). Disable Network boot (probably labeled as Boot from LAN or PXE Boot Enabled) through the BIOS and that should clear it up.

Cool as, uninstalled! But I cant seem to install the driver right, the setup works, but after installing the drivers, it wont come up in Device Manager and Wi-Fi hardware wont work - It worked in 7 and Vista, so why not XP? I have the correct drivers - they have work before on these same models.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom