Apple does it again

This cracks me up because it's the truth. But it likely was Steve Jobs, not Apple who said that.

I used to be a big Apple fan, until all the lawsuits and until I got my hands on an SIII. Those days are long gone.

Good products, stupid prices, ridiculous company.

Also, they should have waited. It's barely been half a year since the last iPad.

Last edited:
I wont be buying the iPad mini as my family already have an iPad which is perfectly fine, We used to have one the Samsung Galaxy tablets a few years ago but sold it. Why buy a smaller version of the iPad that really has no features and its only the size and weight that have changed.

Does anyone know when an update for iOS6 is coming out and the iTunes 11 is released as it was supposed to be released in October..

This pretty much sums up my view of their releases...

Attachments

• 374053_10151509639742598_30440985_n.jpg
    374053_10151509639742598_30440985_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 16
Good products, stupid prices, ridiculous company.

Not really.

The iPad mini is very expensive compared to the Nexus 7 in spite of the fact that it's resolution is not as good (10224x768 vs 1280x800) and it features only a dual core processor compared to the quad core of the N7. The iPad mini also does not contain a GPS which the N7 does. Lastly, a 32G N7 is priced at $249 while a 32G iPad mini is priced at $429.

It's not all about specifications.

It is often touted that the Apple Store has more apps than Google Play but I read yesterday that the gap is closing very rapidly and in the near future Google Play will pass the Apple Store in sheer number fo available apps.
Nope.

Not really.

I would be tempted to argue somewhat in favor of Darks short statement.
Their products are good.
Their prices are absolutely absurd.
As for the company itself, there's a lot of things one could argue for both sides. I agree with the first two but the third is really perception and I'm not on any ethical committee to argue either way. My experience with their support has been atrocious. On the other hand, one of my best childhood friends now manages an app programming team in Apple and speaks highly of the company and their treatment of employees.

The only issue I truly have with Apple is how blatantly obvious they've made it that we live in a world of absolute idiots. Not that they've caused it in any way, just that their marketing and baseless supporters (not identifying all or even most as baseless) has put the spotlight on this cancerous group of human beings. The below video is an extreme example, but...wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw

It's not all about specifications.

Very true. While I despise the iPhone, I recommend it quite often to people because of the features. I am actually considering getting one for my personal phone because of the features used with other iPhones (wife owns iPhone, so Facetime w/kids would be awesome). For employees, I always purchase a $20 android device (e.g. LG Lucid). It's cheap and it does what it needs to. You can't effectively play an FPS on an iPad Mini so the fact that it doesn't have an i7 inside makes little difference. The OS is efficient at what it does and the apps it runs.

Last edited:
When I said ridiculous company, i was of course referring to their repeated attempts to sue Samsung when in the eyes of the High Court and the world, they have done nothing wrong. An attempt to destroy the competition I think, and without competition they'd just hype their prices up and up and up.

And even when they'd lost the court case, and were forced to apologies, they couldn't even do that without making snide remarks. The high court ordered them to do the apology again properly, and they asked for a time extension...

Good at making computers, shit at about everything else.

Nope.

Google's now proven conclusively that it can design great Android hardware, but until developers prove they can design great Android software it's still hard to recommend the Nexus 10 over an iPad.

Screenshot_2012-11-01-20-53-17.png

Google Nexus 10 review | The Verge

Back
Top Bottom