Egg cholesterol

Egg cholesterol is a non-issue.

As are the people who consume a high fat / high protein diet. It's what we were designed for. All that BS out there regarding high fiber, low fat diets is what is causing the obesity epidemic, not fat or cholesterol. Why on earth would the majority of our cells have the ability to manufacture cholesterol? Why do you think Fat/Protein are so prevalent in nature, especially animal products?

The people who think that they're doing their body good by eating high fiber foods and keeping fat in check are sabotaging themselves. Go back over human history and you'll see what is going on today.

As are the people who consume a high fat / high protein diet. It's what we were designed for. All that BS out there regarding high fiber, low fat diets is what is causing the obesity epidemic, not fat or cholesterol. Why on earth would the majority of our cells have the ability to manufacture cholesterol? Why do you think Fat/Protein are so prevalent in nature, especially animal products?

The people who think that they're doing their body good by eating high fiber foods and keeping fat in check are sabotaging themselves. Go back over human history and you'll see what is going on today.
High fiber makes for good poops though.

Overeating is the problem with obesity. Bad fats are not good for you, especially too much of it.

You might be correct but the big killer is eating to much processed foods.

we're not designed to consume a high fat / high protein diet, we're designed to be able to cope with a high fat / high protein diet.

Humans are able to cope with a wide variety of diets.
that is through necessity, and by design, that does not means that we should only eat, or strive to eat what should effectively be an emergency diet. (A high fat diet is not a daily diet!)

I'd like to see what evidence you have that high fibre/low fat diets are causing obesity? let alone entirely to blame for the obesity epidemic?

Perhaps Dallas TX just have too many bran flakes being sold?

or it could be that the obesity epidemic has nothing to do with food type and everything to do with food intake.

If calories in = calories out weight should remain neutral,
if calories in > calories out; weight ++

High fiber / low fat is not healthy eating. Whole Grain is also a lie.

Adam's Daily Apple has a good source of information, as do dieticians who don't subscribe to the government mindset of "healthy eating"

"Fat Head" is a good "movie" with resources in it that are quantifiable.

Your whole "calories in, calories out" point is precisely why most people are totally wrong about effective weight management. We started losing our health when we started listening to the government(s) on what we should be eating. Whoops. :p

I did say high fat / high protein, I just mean it in terms of where we are now.

Fat doesn't make you fat - eating too much of ANYTHING will make you fat, but the vast majority of people don't need to consume the level of carbs that they eat. The problem is that we've all been led to believe that grains and such should form the basis of a healthy diet. That is absolutely false.

Go back through history and look over the diet of man compared to where it was then and how it is now.

Look at the occurrence of nutrients in nature. Fat & Protein are often found together, as are the minerals and vitamins we need (fat soluble vitamins anyone?)

Resources:

Gary Taubes

Paleolithic diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fat Head » More On The Egg Yolk Study
(and the site in general, including some of the links there)

12 Reasons Why Saturated Fat is Good for Your Health

Health Benefits of Coconut Oil | Organic Coconut Oil | Organic Oils

I had the same skepticism that most people do, especially you root - but when I started putting these things into practice, the results spoke for themselves.

I cut out everything I could that is processed - I cook with only whole foods (bison, chicken, naturally raised for both, etc) only use either butter or coconut oil for cooking with, and eat foods that aren't labeled as "low fat" or "high fiber" - actually, I rarely get any fiber at all.

My blood panels are perfect. Triglycerides are low (which is no surprise since I don't eat many carbs) and my blood pressure is back to normal. Not to mention, I feel great.

Cholesterol and "good vs bad" is a fib at best based on fundamental medical ideology that is meant to sell prescription drugs, not help offer a real vision on true health.

Food intake is a problem for some people - absolutely. The problem is that we're all being sold the lowest common denominator when it comes to the types of foods we SHOULD be consuming. Is it any wonder why we're always hungry when we're eating things that we shouldn't be having as much of as we are?

If folks shifted away from their fear of fats and abandoned carbs (which is for all intents just sugar - 300 grams a day of carbs is essentially 300 grams a day of sugar - gross) and focus on eating just protein, fats and naturally occurring carb sources (in green vegetables for example) we'd be a lot better off. It's not merely good enough to just stuff our faces full of green veggies either - we need fat, we need protein, and of course we need a balance, but we aren't balancing anything right now.

Last edited:
High fiber / low fat is not healthy eating. Whole Grain is also a lie.

Adam's Daily Apple has a good source of information, as do dieticians who don't subscribe to the government mindset of "healthy eating"

"Fat Head" is a good "movie" with resources in it that are quantifiable.

Your whole "calories in, calories out" point is precisely why most people are totally wrong about effective weight management. We started losing our health when we started listening to the government(s) on what we should be eating. Whoops. :p

I did say high fat / high protein, I just mean it in terms of where we are now.

Fat doesn't make you fat - eating too much of ANYTHING will make you fat, but the vast majority of people don't need to consume the level of carbs that they eat. The problem is that we've all been led to believe that grains and such should form the basis of a healthy diet. That is absolutely false.

Go back through history and look over the diet of man compared to where it was then and how it is now.

Look at the occurrence of nutrients in nature. Fat & Protein are often found together, as are the minerals and vitamins we need (fat soluble vitamins anyone?)

Resources:

Gary Taubes

Paleolithic diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fat Head » More On The Egg Yolk Study
(and the site in general, including some of the links there)

12 Reasons Why Saturated Fat is Good for Your Health

Health Benefits of Coconut Oil | Organic Coconut Oil | Organic Oils

I had the same skepticism that most people do, especially you root - but when I started putting these things into practice, the results spoke for themselves.

I cut out everything I could that is processed - I cook with only whole foods (bison, chicken, naturally raised for both, etc) only use either butter or coconut oil for cooking with, and eat foods that aren't labeled as "low fat" or "high fiber" - actually, I rarely get any fiber at all.

My blood panels are perfect. Triglycerides are low (which is no surprise since I don't eat many carbs) and my blood pressure is back to normal. Not to mention, I feel great.

Cholesterol and "good vs bad" is a fib at best based on fundamental medical ideology that is meant to sell prescription drugs, not help offer a real vision on true health.

Food intake is a problem for some people - absolutely. The problem is that we're all being sold the lowest common denominator when it comes to the types of foods we SHOULD be consuming. Is it any wonder why we're always hungry when we're eating things that we shouldn't be having as much of as we are?

If folks shifted away from their fear of fats and abandoned carbs (which is for all intents just sugar - 300 grams a day of carbs is essentially 300 grams a day of sugar - gross) and focus on eating just protein, fats and naturally occurring carb sources (in green vegetables for example) we'd be a lot better off. It's not merely good enough to just stuff our faces full of green veggies either - we need fat, we need protein, and of course we need a balance, but we aren't balancing anything right now.

Why don't you say too much sugar & salt & lack of exercise is no good for. you.

Oh boy, Fathead. I wouldn't believe much of that movie... Seems to be made by someone in cahoots with McDonalds. Just because someone says something you want to hear, doesn't mean it's true. That movie is made by the Michael Moore of the fastfood industry.

Here's some more good advice. Don't eat carrots. They are obviously bad for you. Studies show that anyone who ate carrots in the 1800s is now dead.

Oh boy, Fathead. I wouldn't believe much of that movie... Seems to be made by someone in cahoots with McDonalds. Just because someone says something you want to hear, doesn't mean it's true. That movie is made by the Michael Moore of the fastfood industry.

Here's some more good advice. Don't eat carrots. They are obviously bad for you. Studies show that anyone who ate carrots in the 1800s is now dead.

That would be obvious about the carrots since, otherwise, people would live to be over 100 LOL.

Last edited:

Oh YES because I base ALL of my facts and research on that movie.

Really? "I wouldn't believe much of that movie" - that's great, because I didn't. That's why I cross researched the bejebus out of it afterward. I found the movie because of the research I was doing beforehand which had already proven some of the points made in the movie. I don't take things at face value. The facts are there - and not from sources solely used in that movie or tied directly to it. The fact of the matter is that the material in the movie made sense, as did my own independent research. Everything else we've been told to do doesn't - but like people tend to do anyway - they listen to the "experts". *facedesk*

I love how you completely ignored my substantial personal experience, and I didn't get it by eating McDonalds.

The point of that movie wasn't that people should be eating McDonalds - the point of the movie was to show that people shouldn't be listening to all the health nuts and food "experts" on how to eat because they're full of it. Fat isn't the enemy - it was demonized by people who wanted to run a widescale experiment with the general public, and look at the result. Pharmaceutical companies are making a killing. Yes, there will be a need for some of what they make, but much like the movie, I found many drugs which don't need to exist if people had taken their own health into account and stopped listening to the bullcrap that they're being fed.

Want to know the best part? I didn't change any of my exercise regime either. More proof that the whole calories in calories out mantra is bull. I also don't eat sugar. Raw or processed or otherwise.

It's not the quantity strictly speaking, it's the makeup.

But here's the kicker - get everyone to abandon big pharma and the agriculture culture we have today. Won't happen, so it'll be up to folks to research and figure this out on their own.

Back
Top Bottom