Apple does it again

1337G33k

In Runtime
Who's gonna get the new apple ipad-mini? It's out on the market today :D

It's 7.2mm thin (23% thinner than the big iPad) and 308g (Wi-Fi-only model) light.

The LED-backlit screen looks fantastic on the 7.9-inch display. Colours are vivid,

1024x768 resolution at 163ppi

Sound too good to be true????

Last edited:
Who's gonna get the new apple ipad-mini? It's out on the market today :D

The answer to your question sadly is, millions of people!

I have an iPhone and an Ipad i'm not sure my life needs something in the middle right now, but lets face it it's an Apple product that looks very sexy (the key to Apples success) so it's going to be a hit!!

There will always be the people that have to have all the new tech stuff (regardless of who it's from). There will always be the people that have to have all the new tech stuff from Apple (or any other brand).

I also think they will do well because I'm betting there is a group of people who wanted an iPad but couldn't afford it, so they will jump at the chance to get this one at a reduced price.

I think there is a market for 4", 7", and 10" devices. I think all three sizes can do well and succeed. Apple had nothing to compete with the Kindle Fire but now they do (and just in time for the holidays :p).

The answer to your question sadly is, millions of people!

I have an iPhone and an Ipad i'm not sure my life needs something in the middle right now, but lets face it it's an Apple product that looks very sexy (the key to Apples success) so it's going to be a hit!!

same here my friend. Im happy with the products and electronics i have now. I have a Samsung Galaxy now. But man, i would trade that in anyday

Last edited:
The iPad mini is very expensive compared to the Nexus 7 in spite of the fact that it's resolution is not as good (10224x768 vs 1280x800) and it features only a dual core processor compared to the quad core of the N7. The iPad mini also does not contain a GPS which the N7 does. Lastly, a 32G N7 is priced at $249 while a 32G iPad mini is priced at $429.

It is often touted that the Apple Store has more apps than Google Play but I read yesterday that the gap is closing very rapidly and in the near future Google Play will pass the Apple Store in sheer number fo available apps.

Even though the iPad mini is very much inferior to the Nexus 7, millions of people will pay the $180 premium so they can own an "apple" tablet.

Last edited:
The iPad mini is very expensive compared to the Nexus 7 in spite of the fact that it's resolution is not as good (10224x768 vs 1280x800) and it features only a dual core processor compared to the quad core of the N7. The iPad mini also does not contain a GPS which the N7 does. Lastly, a 32G N7 is priced at $249 while a 32G iPad mini is priced at $429.

It is often touted that the Apple Store has more apps than Google Play but I read yesterday that the gap is closing very rapidly and in the near future Google Play will pass the Apple Store in sheer number fo available apps.

Even though the iPad mini is very much inferior to the Nexus 7, millions of people will pay the $180 premium so they can own an "apple" tablet.

But the thing is that it is cheap now. , but what i do know is that the price and taxes on it will diminsh over a period of time. 180 now. 100 down the road. . THATS WHY. It will be a one-hit wonder. In a couple of years, this will be "old-school"

Last edited:
But the thing is that it is cheap now. , but what i do know is that the price and taxes on it will diminsh over a period of time. 180 now. 100 down the road. . THATS WHY. It will be a one-hit wonder. In a couple of years, this will be "old-school"
What are you talking about? What is cheap now?

Apple in 2010: "7in tablets are just too small"

**Samsung release the Galaxy and achieve commercial success**

Apple in 2012: "iPAD MINI IS AWESOME"

This cracks me up because it's the truth. But it likely was Steve Jobs, not Apple who said that.

Back
Top Bottom