Computer randomly restarting

the power supply is not giving enough power to newly added hardware or the power supply is broken.
maybe there's been change in software relating to how the computer components behave like AMD cool & quiet driver accidentally got uninstalled. this driver tells the processor to use less power when idling.

try turning on the computer and not open any task for a while, if the computer doesn't restart fast or properly, then the PSU is the problem.

Last edited:
UPDATE: it just crashed with only the new ram so I think we can rule that out entirely

Have you checked you CPU temperature, It would pay to check the thermal paste as this can be a problem.

Have you checked you CPU temperature, It would pay to check the thermal paste as this can be a problem.

Yeah i did recently it was fine.
Some games have "performance tuners" which overclock the system.
ok I will double check that

the power supply is not giving enough power to newly added hardware or the power supply is broken.
maybe there's been change in software relating to how the computer components behave like AMD cool & quiet driver accidentally got uninstalled. this driver tells the processor to use less power when idling.

try turning on the computer and not open any task for a while, if the computer doesn't restart fast or properly, then the PSU is the problem.

Im not sure I understand what you are asking me to do here. Do you mean just let it idle at the desktop? What do you mean by restarting fast or properly?

It was left on at my desktop for 5 hours without crashing which is much different from the 15 or so minutes ingame.

Back
Top Bottom