Which government do you think has governed the best for the last ten years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
I would say the US, but that would make me prejudiced i.e. I don't do any traveling. We're quick to criticize so here's your chance to say who you think has done the best job.

ah the US...

Unwanted wars, incessant spending, unregulated economy resulting in world-wide economic downturn, most pointless military, most pointless military budget, more money invested in bombs than in healthcare. More invested in some states in Execution than education.

Nah.

Probably one of the more liberal European countries. France, or Germany. Maybe Canada looking further affield. I'd never say the US Government were any better than Mediocre, not since JFK anyway. In the eyes of the world, the US House of Reps are a laughing stock.

Canada for me. But after all, it's just my opinion. Also, does Arnold count?

Last edited:
ah the US...

Unwanted wars, incessant spending, unregulated economy resulting in world-wide economic downturn, most pointless military, most pointless military budget, more money invested in bombs than in healthcare. More invested in some states in Execution than education.

Nah.

Probably one of the more liberal European countries. France, or Germany. Maybe Canada looking further affield. I'd never say the US Government were any better than Mediocre, not since JFK anyway. In the eyes of the world, the US House of Reps are a laughing stock.
Our huge military budget is what funds tons of inventions and research not to mention one of the reasons we still have one of the best university systems in the world.

I think Australia, we have been in surplus on our budgets and very low unemployment compared to the rest of the world.
The mining boom we have had has been good for our economy.

I think Australia, we have been in surplus on our budgets and very low unemployment compared to the rest of the world.
The mining boom we have had has been good for our economy.
The mining boom and overall lack of people helps, lol.

The mining boom and overall lack of people helps, lol.
Population size has no bearing in the matter, if any it should disadvantage us against a bigger populated nation, so I think we have done quite well in the circumstances of world economy.

Population size has no bearing in the matter, if any it should disadvantage us against a bigger populated nation, so I think we have done quite well in the circumstances of world economy.
It has a big part in it. Just like North Dakota is the most successful state here right now (lots of money in oil jobs and not a ton of workers). If there are tons of jobs and not a whole lot of people to work them, then there is a surplus of jobs.

With less people and a smaller GDP, the mining boom becomes a much larger percentage of your GDP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom