Help Please, Computer to HDTV streaming...

cctaylor88

Solid State Member
Im not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this as I am very confused with these forums as of right now.

I want to stream media from my computer tower (located directly next to my television) to my HDTV. The problem is this...I am currently running dual monitors and the 2 slots that come out of the back of my graphics card are taken up (one slot for each monitor). I used to have an HD cable running from my tower to my TV when I ran one monitor...but I don't want to sacrifice dual monitor viewing. Is there another option, for instance is there some sort of 2 to 1 adapter I can plug into one of the tower slots that will allow a monitor plug in as well as a tower to TV cable?

Basically, the two slots that are HD capable in the back of my computer tower are occupied and I don't want to sacrifice dual-monitors. How can I run HD from my tower to HDTV to have my TV show whatever is on the computer monitor?
I currently have win xp but this shouldnt matter

Thanks.

Hey,

First off you do have plenty of options which is the good news.

Can you let us know exactly what adaptors / ports you have available on your graphcis card and on your TV.

If your TV has a DVI port it's nice and easy you simply need one of these:

DVI-D%20Splitter%20High%20Performance%20Dual%20Link%20klikglodok.jpg

If your TV doesnt have DVI then you will need the above and one of these:

url]

I am assuming your graphics card is running 2 x DVI ports, but the same principle applies to VGA ports.

Yes my computer has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 w/two slots...as I recall both DVI. My TV has about 5 hdmi inputs (no mini) and an analog input..and then a few choices for audio as well.

My TV has no DVI however...so what do I do with the DVI into 2 DVI cord you posted above?

Thanks so far

That's usually how splitters work.

Another alternative is to get a second cheap video card which is enough to run an HDTV.

Won't the image on the TV just be a replicate of the 2nd monitor?

That's usually how splitters work.

Another alternative is to get a second cheap video card which is enough to run an HDTV.

Indeed people, but this is what was requested. . . . . .

Basically, the two slots that are HD capable in the back of my computer tower are occupied and I don't want to sacrifice dual-monitors. How can I run HD from my tower to HDTV to have my TV show whatever is on the computer monitor?I currently have win xp but this shouldnt matter

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom