Internal HDD for storage?

cctaylor88

Solid State Member
I really need to purchase some form of storage for the movies, torrents, etc I have been downloading..some suggest external HDs others suggest making my own external (enclosure/internals) and then many say just add another internal HDD. Is it as easy as they say? I mean..you slide it into an empty bay, screw it in...and then what? What is the best bang for your buck? I have no experience building comps etc..so if installing a new internal is hard then Ill just buy external.

I currently have Disk Drive: Samsung HD502HJ. SATA 3.0Gb/s. 500GB...this item is now discontinued so I dont know what I would buy? Thanks...

Also..does both the data wire and power wire from the internal hard drive plug into the motherboard? I have 1 CD-DvD drive and the master HDD in my computer...will I have extra plugs just lying around like people say?

Well do you have a laptop and go away and want to watch movies, listen to music etc? Does being portable matter?

Not really now.. my pc is right next to my TV. I want to watch movies on my TV and store them somewhere seprate. Also..about how many HD movies can 500GB hold

The average HD movie is about 4GB.

The hard drive data connector plugs into a wire connected to the motherboard and the power plugs into the power supply.

Okay sounds simple enough, I only have one DVD disc drive and the main C: hard drive in my PC...I should have free mobo and power plugs then right

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom