Adding Sound to a speakerless monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Ruzai

Beta member
Howdy all,
So I bought a new monitor the other day (Samsung 24"... I believe it's the H2431x) to use as a secondary screen for my laptop as its primary use. It's ridiculously beautiful, that was worth every penny and makes multitasking a breeze. Best $200 investment I've made in awhile. Unfortunately, as my dorm does not allow for TVs currently, I've been using it as a screen for my PS3 as well. The monitor only has 3 plugs: VGA, HDMI, and of course, DC. I connected the PS3 via HDMI, however, the monitor does not have any way of emitting audio. With this information, can anyone tell me how I can possibly set up an external speaker system or something of the like? I figured there had to be some type of adapter or something to buy that would act as an extention to HDMI PLUS have a 3.5mm audio jack, but so far I have yet to find anything. Any help would be appreciated :3

Could you get something like this and plug in some external speakers to the back of the PS3. I think you can change in the settings what the sound output is.

Google

If your PS3 does not have audio output sufficient to drive a pair of speakers, then you'll need to plug the R&L audio out from the PS3 into an amplifier, and then to a pair of speakers.

Actually, I was under the impression that the HDMI always overrode the the A/V cable, but upon researching cavali's suggestion, I found a multi-output on the settings that would allow me to connect it to an amp or adapter, just as mentioned. So, now it's an easy fix, I imagine my local Wal-Mart or Best Buy would have just what I need for this, so thanks for the quick replies :3

I have had the same problem with my XBOX. I have a Samsung 27 inch monitor. When I bought it I didn't realize that it didn't have speakers. I have a home theater system but I have my cable box hooked up to that. It does have the HDMI port as well as the VGA port to it. Any suggestions?

I have had the same problem with my XBOX. I have a Samsung 27 inch monitor. When I bought it I didn't realize that it didn't have speakers. I have a home theater system but I have my cable box hooked up to that. It does have the HDMI port as well as the VGA port to it. Any suggestions?

Please start your own thread.

This one is closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom