Samsung beats Apple

Not surprising, Samsung drive innovation (S3 is 4G ready and has a quad-core processor, enormous screen and so on), while Apple keep making the same phone over and over again with ever-so-slightly better hardware and more or less the same looks (The 5 looks like someone ran over a 4S with a steamroller).

HTC will overtake RIM soon, that I'm sure of. RIM' recent figures have been quite depressing. Their Revenue, net income, total equity and total assets have all been reports as having fallen from previous years, and not by a small amount.

Samsung will always be the daddy of smartphones, it was always only a matter of time before they took the lead.

Ya I'm not suprised they are leading the way, but it's such a wide margin. Of course with apple really on making one phone I guess it was bound to happen. And yes RIM is certainly on it's way out. I can't remember the last time I saw a blackberry phone....

More than half infront of Apple? You'd think Apple would be in the number 1 spot, but apparently not

Not surprising, Samsung drive innovation (S3 is 4G ready and has a quad-core processor, enormous screen and so on),
Impressive that Samsung have a 4g phone.

last I heard the specification wasn't ratified, and nowhere in the world actually had a proper 4g network.
while Apple keep making the same phone over and over again with ever-so-slightly better hardware and more or less the same looks (The 5 looks like someone ran over a 4S with a steamroller).
what do you feel samsung are doing with their ever incremental galaxy series?
oh, it's slightly faster, slightly lighter slightly bigger.
oh, and available in different colours!!

Samsung will always be the daddy of smartphones, it was always only a matter of time before they took the lead.

I'm not surprised that a company, (samsung) who offer tens of different models at all levels from basic "I want to make calls" and maybe read a couple of emails (so looking at something like a galaxy mini to "I want a smart phone that's going to do everything for me/mobile office" ends of the market might outsell a company that offers pretty much only 1 model of phone.
even RIM have three or four models of phone that are fundamentally different and appeal to different market segments.
Apple have 1 phone, that comes in three different memory sizes.

I still prefer HTC over all of them. Their phones seem better built than Samsungs' to me. Very similar hardware though.

As much as I respect your response Root (and I do), you did make one small error.

EE (Everything, Everywhere or Orange T-Mobile) are launching the first 4G network in Britain today.

nope. no error:

last I heard the specification wasn't ratified, and nowhere in the world actually had a proper 4g network.

there are no 4g networks anywhere, specifically because there is no definition of a 4g network. and there won't be a definition of what 4g is until at least 2013.

so tell me again, how did Samsung create a phone that claims to be compliant with a specification that doesn't even exist properly yet?

you cannot make a 4g device specifically because 4g doesn't yet mean anything because it is not defined.

Back
Top Bottom