Need Help With HP Pavilion DV7-6c27cl Brightness Controls

AndroidFan

Beta member
I've had a HP Pavilion DV7 for almost a year now and throughout that time I've been having an issue. The issue is that every so often the brightness controls (f2 and f3) stop working only when waking the computer from sleep. The brightness of the screen can still be changed in the control panel or by simply pressing the Windows key+x and manually adjusting it. This can be resolved temporarily either by restarting, which is annoying and somewhat time consuming, or by going to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager and then by selecting monitors, right clicking on "Generic PnP Monitor," uninstalling it and then going to "Action" and selecting "Scan for Hardware Changes." A lot of steps, I know, but it is much easier and quicker than restarting.

You may think, "Well if that solves your issue, why are you complaining to us on here?" Well as I said that only temporarily solves a issue that really should be non-existent in the first place.

I've installed every driver imaginable over and over and about two months ago I performed a Minimized Image Recovery which seemed to help the issue (make it happen less often), but has not solved the issue. It is happening to the point now that everyday, or at the most, every other day the brightness controls stop working. Yesterday I booted into the BIOS settings on my computer and changed the "action keys" (all the f1-12 keys) to require the pressing of the "fn" key at the same time to perform the action whether it be brightness controls or sound on/off. Unfortunately, this hasn't fixed the problem either.

What do you guys think I should do? I have warranty left over until February of 2013, but am very hesitant to use it just yet because this is my main computer and I use it on a regular basis for work and school, so it has all my most important files and programs on it.

I am hoping that someone on here can give me some answers on what actions I should take next.

By the way, this is my first post on this forum, so hello everyone!!!

Thanks for the help,

Nick

Back
Top Bottom