Help with cpu

Pentium II @ 266MHz! ..overclocked of course, I'm not incompetent.

...OK, a real answer:

I'd ABSOLUTELY go with the AMD FX-4100, as it can (I have) go safely and comfortably to 4.2GHz per core. In-fact, buddy ol' chum, I would insist on AMD, just for this fact alone: It's more bang for your buck, since I purchased mine for £80.

Good luck.

EDIT:
With the remaining funds, grab yourself a decent after-market heatsink, if you haven't done so already, as it will ensure that CPU is kept nice and cool. I don't have an overly expensive heatsink (although it's pretty damn decent for such a TDP processor) and mine, overclocked on all 4 cores at 4.2GHz, maxes at about 55c when on decent moderns games, otherwise it stays at anything between 20c-35c, or if I mess around with some settings, and default clock it, it'll often be 6c-15c and that's not exaggeration, with 40c-48c being the max.

Last edited:
Well my budget it £100 and yes I already have everything

Intel has much higher performing CPUs but they'll also cost you more money.

If your budget limits you to £100, then I'd agree, the 4100 would be the best way to go.

Thanks guys exactly what I was looking for and what should I bee looking for in a heats ink fan ?

It depends....do you intend to over clock? If not, the stock HSF should be fine. If you intend to over clock, what is your budget for a HSF, and are you limited by space?

I'm not sure about space cuz i haven't order it yet but around £20 or won't that be enough

That only answered part of my question. I don't see how anyone can suggest a HSF, without knowing if you intend to over clock, and if so how much???

As much as possible iwas thinking of getting it about 4ghz

Ok, the FX 4100 is 3.8GHz stock, so 4.0GHz is a pretty mild over clock.

You'll probably do well with the Cooler Master 212 EVO. It's far from the best HSF out there but it is very efficient, and so inexpensive, that it has a very high price/performance ratio, and will work very well for you.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom