Computers dropping like flies!!

I see how does the graphics connect thought the motherboard or a pci card try switching that to see if it makes a diffrence and let me know when you get that multi meter

lol ...funny stuff, although it also sucks... obviously - it's probably just a coinkadink. A computer restarting in a loop is something I've come across myself, and I could think of a few reasons for it. At first it sounded like you just had a dodgy RAM module, but now I'm not so sure.

Strange stuff.

I've been following this, and trying to come up with a common denominator for both machines, and the only thing in common for both is the A/C mains supply.

I know this sounds a little ridiculous, but is it possible that the 115v duplex outlet is making sloppy contact with the computers plug, and causing an intermittent connection?

"but is it possible that the 115v duplex outlet is making sloppy contact with the computers plug, and causing an intermittent connection?"

Sounds like a good suggestion to me. :p

Unfortunately, I already thought of that. Both computers have been plugged into multiple outlets so I doubt that's it. I will verify though cuz it does make sense.

Oh oh. Dunno. Doubt it since it did it in 2 different rooms and both times the puters were plugged into power strips with other things that worked fine.

But I shall check. Probably going to work on my machine this afternoon. I should have the time. I will be sure to post when I'm done.

Were all the wall outlets you tried on the same breaker? Perhaps you have an intermittent breaker? I know, I know, I grasping at straws, but I'm running out of ideas. There has to be a common denominator.

Back
Top Bottom