blank monitor

warnerww

Beta member
My home computer screen just went black on me. If I turn the monitor off then back on I can see the screen for a second or two. Then it goes away. If I keep turning it off then on each time I see the screen for a second. If I can bring up outlook express in the short time I see the screen then the screen will stay on and I can use my computer as normal ( note I am not a computer guy). In fact I am using the computer that has the problem right now. Does anybody have any idea what is going on.

check the make sure the monitor has no bent pins or vga and dvi cables and make sure all contacts are meeting,

this could also be related to the graphics card and including memory failing, check all 4 items memtion to get the final result of the problem.

Kind Regards

the first 2 are easy and not the problem the second two huh? again not a computer guy and I have no idea how to check them. I also saw a message around the first time it happened ARCSOFT CONNECT DAEMON ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM.

Damn. 'o_O That's some weird shizz. Mr. Technician had some interesting ideas which I ordinarily would've suggested, but the fact that opening a program causes the monitor to work is incredibly strange.

First thoughts that come to mind? Well, my mind jumped to a dodgy refresh rate or resolution setting, but that seemed to dwindle once I read the E-Mail program bit.

My friend, the best thing you can do right now is to try an alternative monitor; it's basic diagnostics, so it's worth doing.

Let us know what happens with a different monitor. Generally speaking, if another monitor works fine, then either it is the pins, the monitor, or it's drivers/software/settings somehow interfering with the monitor, and if that's the case, I'm afraid it could be so many things, so it's a case of process of elimination.

Worry about trying a different monitor first.

If we don't speak again, then good luck.

Back
Top Bottom