A laptop brand with the least amount of preinstalled crapware

emoeskaite

Beta member
Hey,
So I'm looking to buy a Windows 8 laptop soon..... my Windows 7 one was Sony Vaio.... hated the amount of crapware they put into it, it was slowing the computer down a lot and I never really needed any of that. What I would love the most would be a laptop with a clean Windows without anything else, but I don't think any company make ones like this.

Anybody have any preferences if it comes to choosing the laptop's brand? I'm thinking of giving Samsung a try......

They all have their fair share of preinstalled crapware. It doesn't really matter which brand you go with.

Why not do what I did.

I purchased a new laptop a few months ago. The first thing I did was remove the HDD, and replace it with an SSD.

Then, I simply loaded on a clean install of Win7, and used the Product Code on the bottom of the laptop to activate it.

Now I have a laptop that boots in 12 seconds flat, and a virgin install of Win7, with no software. All you have to do is install the chip set drivers, audio & graphic drivers etc.

You can use software to remove it from the laptop altogether but that would take a lot time, Hameisters idea is better..

Just uninstall the software not needed, simple task and no need to reinstall the essential software.

Why not do what I did.

I purchased a new laptop a few months ago. The first thing I did was remove the HDD, and replace it with an SSD.

Then, I simply loaded on a clean install of Win7, and used the Product Code on the bottom of the laptop to activate it.

Now I have a laptop that boots in 12 seconds flat, and a virgin install of Win7, with no software. All you have to do is install the chip set drivers, audio & graphic drivers etc.

Yes, that's what I did with Win7 too. Do you think this will work with Win8 ? I mean will they release a clear Win8 so everyone can download it and use their code from the bottom...? I remember that Win XP's and Vista's codes didn't work....

I don't know if M$ has made a Win8 download available. You could easily Google that. If you know someone who belongs to TechNet, they can certainly download a Win8 copy for you. Or, you could buy an O.E.M. copy for $99, if money is not an issue for you.

Back
Top Bottom