What you think of this build?

FenixFan08

In Runtime
This will be used for a render node for Luxology Modo Rendering animations and stills.

Render Node Build

Or what about thoughts on the 3930K i7 with a really cheap graphics card instead?

Thanks for any insight,

Fenix

Why would you need a graphic card?
I imagen that you don't play games sense you have chosen that VERY low end card. I actually think that the Internal GPU (the HD4000) in the Ivy core i7 wil beat that card in performance.
Are you sure you need 16GB of RAM?

Wait a minute. That CPU is not a Ivy I7. it's Intels enthusiast serie. The Sandy-Bridge E
You need a LGA-2011 motherboard in order to use that CPU

Wow your right, cant believe I missed that. I don't have many choices for a micro atx mobo with the lga-2011 socket but what do you think of this one?

Motherboard

But yeah the graphics card is just basically for me to be able to hook up a monitor and keyboard and be able to open up Modo to setup the render node. Or do some basic fixes if need be. Otherwise this wont be hooked up to a monitor or keyboard. It wont even have a disc drive.

Thanks for the input though, can keep the thoughts on it rolling in.

Fenix

Looks like a fine motherboard to me. Does it have to be a Micro ATX?
Are you gonna be doing any overclocking? i can see you have chosen the CORSAIR Hydro H80 and a very high end CPU.
If so you might want to consider a motherboard with overclocking in mind.

I would take a compbination of those two and have something similar to this
Core i7-2700k Sandybridge *build 1*
Asus Sabertooth z77 LGA 1155 Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Cooler master extreme power plus 700w *both builds*
corsair vengence 16gb 4x4 *either build works*
Western digital cavier blue for quiet and speed or cavier black for speed and noise
Rosewill Challenger *build 1*
Corsair hydro H80 or H60 will work fine
Video Card Gtx 660ti if you can afford it Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-3662-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Thanks for all the input I will keep them all in mind. I don't plan on overclocking too much. I wont need a graphics card because they are render nodes. So I will just be using there cpu power to render over a lan. Thats why I might just go with the onboard graphics of the 2700k but I would get 4 more hyper threads out of the 3930k. Which is pretty important when it comes to me buying 2 or 3 of these for rendering. That would be 12 more hyper threads and more power.

Back
Top Bottom