Suggestions

I have been on sites for many years, even owned and operated a few.

The Signatures area is for personal expression. I have never and probably never will use it for my system specs, unless they are listed within an image that I am using that shows my personal taste.

Size is a concern as well. Cause if you let people get away with it, they will post a full HD 1900x1280 image in their signatures. Try scrolling paste that on your device if your not at your PC.

Do what has been done at one of the other Social Network sites, add it to the Profile Field. Here is my profile on another site owned by the same people that own this one. I know this can be done easily cause I did it myself.

Then all that needs to be done is for people to fill it out.

Next trying to force it on people is wrong. We dont force it there, so if you force it here they will only go there to us to get the answer, which we will give. Yeah it isnt easy answering hardware related questions when they dont give specs, but it shouldnt be mandatory. There are how many sites out there that do this and wont ask for you to fill out a profile.

Not to mention, they might not be PC knowledgeable. So how would they know such details. Which is why you see I had included Pre-Built information.

But that is just the take of a person who has been working with forums for over a decade.

I've had my fingers in either running or owning forums for about the same time. It's just a matter of preference as far as the placement of pertinant information goes. The rub still remains that most won't bother with it.
We'll just have to continue to pry that info out of people that drop by and have something they want us to help them with.
It's just the nature of the beast.

The full time members (who are the ones that will have sigs) generally don't ask to many questions or if we do we usually put down the info required.

The people who come for one question (and therefore don't waste time with sigs) are the ones that we end up needing all the info from anyway.

Regardless it will be nice to see what some of the members are running.

It would be an extremely great idea if someone here that has a wee bit of power given to them to moderate these forum to have the courtesy to PM the person whos posts you delete and tell them you deleted it and WHY.

If you're a moderator and have no idea what you're doing find another job you're more suited to.

If you as a moderator or Admin get a PM from a member please have the decency to responed.

I've been an Admin and Super Mod on a few sites and have never ignored an inquiry by a member.

Smoghog when we receive PM'S from members we may need to discuss it with other members of the site team, when I receive PM's from members regarding posts I will discuss it with the site team before replying straight away..

Last edited:
It would be an extremely great idea if someone here that has a wee bit of power given to them to moderate these forum to have the courtesy to PM the person whos posts you delete and tell them you deleted it and WHY.

If you're a moderator and have no idea what you're doing find another job you're more suited to.

If you as a moderator or Admin get a PM from a member please have the decency to responed.

I've been an Admin and Super Mod on a few sites and have never ignored an inquiry by a member.

Interesting from someone with 8 posts who has just joined up. Tell me how you know what us mods do and dont do? I assume you have read the rules? if you have a problem please PM a mod and we will be happy to help you. You have had 3 threads/posts deleted that I can see which have been straight spam. I suggest you read the rules.

I can say for certainty the mods here do answer queries as I have had some dealings with them but I do not agree with your statement saying mods should pm you or answer you if you posted banned articles such as spam or abusive comments.
If you have been a moderator or Administrator on other Forums then you should know better than making this outrageous slur on the mods here.

PS: I have been a Moderator and know it can be a difficult job to please all the members of a forum.

Back
Top Bottom